Bogner Ectascy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner Ectascy

Owners tell me I want one. My only concern is that it isn't brutal enough but everything else is flawless about it. I want a 101B not a classic the classic I didn't like.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Bogner Ectascy

Personally, I'm not a fan of any of the XTCs. I've played the Classic, 101b, and 100b. None of them are what I'd term "brutal". I just really don't care for their voicing, and coupled with the fact that they don't have enough preamp gain for my taste, it's a no brainer. The XTCs are voiced mostly in the lower mids, which just sound too muddy/dull/dark/muffled to me. Blanket in front of the speakers is a phrase sometimes used to describe the sound of these amps, and its somewhat accurate IMHO. They lack any sort of uppermid/treble bite. Also they are very smooth sounding amps... too smooth for me.

Comment

I had one, awesome sounding amp.

BUT...

no way i'd ever describe it as "brutal". In fact, mine needed a tube screamer just to do 80's commercial metal kinda stuff.

Comment

YEah that is my fear on it I have played them and I have been pretty much a high gain junkie and it never had it... I love the clean and crunch and lead on it though....
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

John and I has a friend that has one , and nails AC / DC "flick of the switch" sound to a T...my uber is a whole different "beast".

I wouldn't be happy with that amp...sounds great for that style tho..I would need a stomp in fromt of it...so what's the point of that!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
          X