2x12 cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2x12 cab

Hmm I'm still thinking.. do you guys think it would be worth it to unload my 4x12 cab and replace it with a decent 2x12 like a Mesa or Genz Benz or something?

I love the setup I have now (XXL head, Triple XXX 4x12), so I'm really reluctant to ditch the cab....

Comment

honestly i would save the extra 200 bucks and get a G-flex and be happy with it. instead of going around with a few cabs you may not like.
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Well, if I sell my current cab, I'll be a couple hundred bucks short of a G-flex, so I'll be spending roughly the same cash either way.. the G-flex looks tempting but there are no dealers in town so I can't try before I buy, and there's no guarantee I'd be satisfied with it over my current rig, right?
        Economically, it doesn't make much sense to have to give up my current 4x12 cab plus 200 bucks for a 2x12, unless the G-flex kicks THAT MUCH ass.

Comment

Empty marshall cab, pretty good price.
          http://cgi.ebay.com/Marshall-1922-Speake...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Hmm that looks cool but I don't know if I want to get an empty cab and mess around with it..

I found out the used Mesa upright 2x12 cab at the shop down the road is a MKIII... is it worth 350? If it is, I might put it on layaway after having tried it with my amp to see if I like it.

Comment

Vertical 2X12 with VIN30's is worth $350. An UNLOADED one sold for over $350 on eBay a couple of days ago. There were 2 Avatars available on harmony central for $250 or less shipped. I would jump on those bro. I just came back from a gig tonight and used my Avatar 2X12 on it. Sounded nice and big!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

yeah I've seen a couple avatars up for grabs on harmony central.. we'll have to see what we can do with finances.. I do like my current 4x12 so I might go ahead and keep at it.. I got back from jamming today and actually didn't have any trouble at all getting my stuff back upstairs to my room on the 3rd floor.. I had my roomy help me carry it down before I left though.

Comment

Yeah an upright 2x12 mesa is worth $350 if it's not trashed... I paid $400 for mine used but in mint condition.

Comment

Working...
                  X