Finally heard an Uberschall live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally heard an Uberschall live

God Dethroned and Nightrage both used the same rigs tonight at their show. Needless to say, I'm VERY impressed. One side of the stage was a two channel dual rectifer through an older Marshall cab, the other was a Bogner Uberschall through a Marshall 1960A. The uber's tone was mindblowing. Very, VERY heavy and very aggressive. The clean tone too was quite nice sounding but the heavy riffing as well as the lead playing through the amp sounded awesome. Mesa sounded nice too, but the Uberschall stole the night for me. Just when I rid myself of GAS.. Sigh.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Finally heard an Uberschall live

Dude, American Music in Fremont sells them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

did Gus G play with Nightrage? Was it the At The Gates vocalist or the new guy? I'd like to hear that Uberschall for myself

Comment

I thought Gus G was endorsed by Krank on stage, and used a pod as his real rig?
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

what did you think of the opening band Lilitu? how was their sound?

Comment

I second the awesomeness of an Uber on a Marshall 1960a cab..

because that's what i do.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Dude, American Music in Fremont sells them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I want one but I would need to sell some gear first.

[ QUOTE ]
              did Gus G play with Nightrage? Was it the At The Gates vocalist or the new guy? I'd like to hear that Uberschall for myself

[/ QUOTE ]
              Gus G did not appear with Nightrage. He apparently is still filling in for Arch Enemy, I guess. But Mario told me that he is a full member of the band. The new vocalist Jimmy was there, not Tomas. Honestly, I liked Jimmy's vocals A LOT more than Tomas's. A friend of Jimmy's whose name I cannot remembemr filled in on second guitar. But the catch was that they didn't do any of Gus G's shredding solos. One section they had a drum-solo type bit for the duration of the solo and went back into the song. Marios used the Uberschall and Isaac from God Dethroned also used the same rig, both of their tones were EXCELLENT.

[ QUOTE ]
              I thought Gus G was endorsed by Krank on stage, and used a pod as his real rig?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry don't know much about Gus G's rig. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
              what did you think of the opening band Lilitu? how was their sound?

[/ QUOTE ]
              The venue doubles as a practice space for other local bands, some of my friends practice there and they invited me, as well as two others into the back to check out their new material. Then I almost got thrown out of the club because the owner thought that I didn't pay. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] So by the time I got all that resolved Lilitu had finished playing.

One of my friends that did watch the performance said that they were very impessive.

Comment

cool, I love the first Nightrage record but on the second one his vocals became a bit "old" if ya know what I mean...also it didn't have the melodic/rhythmic wizardry of the first one...too bad they didn't play any solos live but I'm sure the rhythm section kicked some serious butt though!

yeah I've read on blabbermouth that Gus' stint with Arch Enemy has come to an end so I guess it's back to Nightrage for him. He has left Dream Evil right?

Comment

Uberschall FUCKING RULES!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

from I heard Gus G never cared about the tongue in cheek approach of Dream Evil..they "promised" to get more serious..but to me it was more of the same..I'm sure he felt that way too..

He wanted to be taken seriously..and there is nothing "serious" than DE other than they are great muscians but the writing is cheesy "dragon humpin' metal ....and it is intended to be that way.

I like both Nightrage CDs...but I'd rather listen bands like Arch Enemy , Hearse , The Wake , Terror 2000 , there is so many bands in this style...

Tom Linburg was the voice of At The Gates..one of the few that started this genre of metal..therfore gets my upmost respect.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

This is my "Bed Of Nails" basement tape recorded on a crappy 4trk with a cheap vocal mike ..poor tape quality [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

This is my UBERSCHALL on a Marshall 1960B cab with the gain totally >>DIMED<<..it's been DIMED since the day I bought it..the knob is superglued there forever! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"High speed death roll" is a swedish death styled tune..

and "scapegoat" has clean vocals..I had to play the main parts live because my gay drummer can't play to a click! [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

there is only 4 tracks ..so basically these are rough song ideas without solos..but at least you get an "Idea" of what my sound is about.

High Speed Death Roll
                    http://www.clevelandmetalzone.com/mp...ddeathroll.mp3

Scapegoat
                    http://www.clevelandmetalzone.com/mp3/scapegoat.mp3

Comment

Bill, is that all you alone on the high speed death roll clip? Sounds awesome and they playing is great. Id like to hear this amp in person myself!

Comment

Thank you, I think It sucks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ..yep , that's just me on geetars/bass and my awesome singer Ty (ex antithesis) and a gay drummer..

I had everything down to a click track..but he couldn't do it..so the meter is all over the place...so all the main parts was a "scratch" track live with the drummer but we ran out of time to record ..so I just kept it. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

this was recorded on a borrowed tascam porta studio four to be exact and a $30 Sure SM58 knock off..and that's it.

the lead in the intro of Scapegoat is my Marshall JMP-1 with a Dunlop 535Q wah..kinda "Dimebag-ish" I think.

But That's all UBERSCHALL..some people can't believe I DIME the gain..but there it is..totally Maxed! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for fueling my Uber gas Bill! Bah!!!

Comment

Sorry Inearthed Dude [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]..

the tape doesn't do it justice really..it was recorded with a cheapy vocal mic..ewwwww.

I play a horrible version of eruption..I call it "corruption"..I didn't know it was being recorded. My buddy was just doing a level check and just said play "somethin"..its just the Uber by itself..but I'm too embarassed to post it..unless you really want to hear the Uber's lead tone with the Gain maxed..I can have John do it I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

BTW.. That's my Charvel San Dimas I Koa w / floyd...my main baby.

Comment

like scapegoat a lot Bill,tone is cool as is your riffing

lol at you doing corruption

Comment

Working...
                              X