Crate BV120H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate BV120H

The other day I was rehersing with my group and I didn't wan't to take my marshall that day, I was hang over and everything, and I decided to try out the Crate BV120H head and cab that they had in there, and let me tell you I WAS SO FUCKING DISCUSTED WITH THE SOUND!!!

I've never tryed it b4 or heard anyone play with it, but I allways like how the tubes glow thru the fron of it.

Anyway I don't know if the tubes where all wrong or something but the sound sucked mayor ass. Not good for classic heavy metal and hard rock sound, it just sounded like the bullshit new metal no solos crap of today. Couldn't switch channels for the solos... it was just horrible.

Whats you experience with this amp head?

Re: Crate BV120H

I heard a few of them live and I thought they sounded fine. Especially for the money.

Comment

I owned one for about six months, and I loved it: especially for the price. BTW, those are light bulbs behind the tubes.

Keith
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Mine's great, I love it.

Comment

So what could have been the problem, blown off tubes? or what? I say that this must have been because it didn't sound loud enough at all!!!

Comment

Not sure what the problem with that one is. Mine sounds killer. I wouldn't trade it in for anything less than an Uber.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Doesn't Paul Gilbert use the BV120H? At least he does at clinics and his tone is always killer.

Comment

last i checked PG used laney gh series heads

Comment

eh, out of the three guitarists in my band, I use a Dual Rec, the other guitarist uses a Marshall DSL 50, and the singer/guitarist uses a BV120H and has the worst sound, but I think that has more to do with the calibre of player he is than the amp really.

Comment

I think the reason you read alot of mixed reviews on this amp is because they sold a million of them and alot went to inexperienced players and beginners who don't know crap about amps or playing anyway.

Comment

Could also be the tubes...I own two of these heads and when I bought them they were killer, great tone and plenty of balls. Now they're in need of tubes and sound quite weak. I'll be bringing one of em' to my new tech just to have a look, and see what his remedy is. Whenever this takes place I'll post results. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                      Hear the universe scream
                      Bleeding from black holes
                      Whom horns careless
                      And whom God mourns

Comment

I worked for a crate dealer, and was able to spend some time with many crate products... the only amp they sold that I really liked were the vintage club series. The voodoos didn't do much for me at all, but hey, if we all liked the same stuff the world would be boring.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                        X