Bought another amp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought another amp...

Give you a hint. It's three channel and tube.I checked one out at a music store a few months ago and really liked it... found one used, figured I'll give it a shot.

Any guesses? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: Bought another amp...

Hmmm. Mesa Triple Rec? Peavey JSX?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'll take some guesses
      Marshall TSL
      Peavey XXX or JSX
      Randall V-Max

Comment

You're both right!

JSX. Looking forward to checking it out. I'm also going to be real curious how it stands up to the dual recto ractifier.

Pete

Comment

Awesome! Can't wait to read your review and hear some clips of it.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

JSX's kill! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(says the JSX owner [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

I am looking forward to the review.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                JSX's kill! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(says the JSX owner [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, any tips? Hopefully I'll get it by early next week...

Pete

Comment

Start out with all the controls (besides the volume) at 12 o'clock... add or subtract tones/EQ from there

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Start out with all the controls (besides the volume) at 12 o'clock... add or subtract tones/EQ from there

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I'd start with the volume at 12, too, but I like to annoy my neighbors. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

curious to hear what you have to say em when you get it. I've seen a lot of people get them, and a lot of people sell them shortly after the honeymoon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

At a prior recent gig the guitar player in another band was using a JSX head with an Avatar 4 x 12 cabinet. Personally, I thought it sounded suprisingly thin and lifeless. I have heard way more great reviews than bad ones Pete. I know that Satriani used them for the last G3 tour and to be honest, I didn't care for his tone. Then again... I am a Malmsteen fan so what the heck do I know. It will be very interesting to hear what you can get out of it. It certainly is a cool looking amp.

Comment

My neighbors have been enjoying my Marshall 18 watt, that's for sure. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            At a prior recent gig the guitar player in another band was using a JSX head with an Avatar 4 x 12 cabinet. Personally, I thought it sounded suprisingly thin and lifeless. I have heard way more great reviews than bad ones Pete. I know that Satriani used them for the last G3 tour and to be honest, I didn't care for his tone. Then again... I am a Malmsteen fan so what the heck do I know. It will be very interesting to hear what you can get out of it. It certainly is a cool looking amp.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it sounds as good onstage as it did at the music store, I could really like it a lot.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              curious to hear what you have to say em when you get it. I've seen a lot of people get them, and a lot of people sell them shortly after the honeymoon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, although that seems to happen in waves. Guys on HC were buying and dumping Ubers, then dumping rectos... now a lot of us are buying rectos! LOL, it never ends.

I bought it at a good enough price that I can sell it and get my money back - which is why I almost always buy amps used.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X