Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whammy ?

Hi

Maybe anyone has experience (ie compared them A/B )

Are there any tone differences between whammy 1/2/4

Is the wh-1 that much really that much better than the other ones ? I know there are some differences between them (ie divebomb and midi in the 4) but for me all that matters is tone. And i'm not talking "better" as some mythical mojo of a pedal for which you have to pay 500 usd or something [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also what do you think about a digitech ips-33b and dhp-33 ? those are multifx's but they have the original wh-1 IVL chipset afaik.

Re: Whammy ?

ive only played on the original, and it kicks serious butt. never palyed on a 2 or reissure

Comment

Ive got a WH1 and a friend had a WH4 Reissue which broke before I had an opportunity to test it out. He was amazed at the octave range via the expression pedal on the WH1 compared to his wh4. He said it sounded both smoother when increasing pitch with the expression pedal, and also had a more aggressive edge to it if used erratically. Its quite funny that a pedal that is over 15 years old outlasted one he owned for about 5 months.

Comment

I believe the WH2 was the black plastic version and was supposed to be not as good. I believe Tom Morello from Rage Against The Machine/Audio Slave used that one. Not sure if he still uses that one or one of the other versions now.
        Also, there's the XP100 Whammy/Wah... I've got one of those and use it once in awhile. It's pretty cool with all the different harmony, wah and whammy presets, even has a volume pedal, detuner chorus effect and noise gate built in. The guys in Korn were big users of the XP100, too.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I havn't used the original since it first came out but I now have a reissue and I think it sounds great.
          Screamin'

Comment

I've never played an original but I have the reissue (WH4) and it works fine for me. I just wish I could find a multi-effect pedalboard that has a decent whammy/pitch bend so I could sell my WH4 and narrow down my pedals.
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I´ve had a WH2 that I sold, now I have WH4. For some reason I liked WH2 better.
              However I´m not able to tell if there was any difference in tone as I´ve never done an A/B test.

Comment

I've been keen on getting a whammy for years now so I'm very interested in this. Obviously the original WH-1 would be the safest option as far as sound quality goes, and I dont want midi etc. They retail for about $450au here so if I can just add another $150 and get an original I'll probably go that way.

Comment

Working...
                X