Splawn amps........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splawn amps........

I heard some guys here own these amps. The clips posted on there site give a good idea but, maybe not enough to shell it out yet [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] Any feedback or the whereabouts of some additional clips, pics or what not would be appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Either the Pro Mod or Pro Stock.

Re: Splawn amps........

Rock solid amps.

Scroll down this page
    http://www.rocksolidamps.com/sounds.php
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks Shawn, I was questioning how heavy it would go. Sounds damn heavy to me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I heard some guys here own these amps. The clips posted on there site give a good idea but, maybe not enough to shell it out yet [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] Any feedback or the whereabouts of some additional clips, pics or what not would be appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Either the Pro Mod or Pro Stock.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the marshall 1987X with the splawn regular mod with 5881's, which is two channels with gain, shared controls, one is medium gain the other is high gain and solo function. Great sounding amp and will get you thrash easy and the Master of puppets tone to a tea. Great amps if you like that tone, i still prefer my 6100 and as soon as the guy gives me the rest of the money i had to shell out to get it fixed i am gonna put it up for sale, just in case you didnt read my last thread the guy mismatched KT88's and blew the main tranny so that had to be replaces and i had tungston 5881's installed.

I have to many amps right now and for that EL34 marshall vibe i will either use my 6100 or my mesa stiletto. the only reason i dont keep the spalwn is the lack of clean channel and i do like to play clean alot.

Comment

I'd like to check out the 1987x. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I'd like to check out the 1987x. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in NY are you? I will be there end of the month.

Comment

Siggy - if you sell it, let me know, I've been joensing for a Splawn...
              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

splawn on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

i would get the quick mod.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    splawn on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was a good deal till i saw the 100 dollar shipping. If you can get it for under $1100 then it will be a good deal.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Siggy - if you sell it, let me know, I've been joensing for a Splawn...

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt,

I just deposited the check today, so as soon as it clears i am selling. It is now black in great shape (almost new box) I just want to break even on it, so i am asking $850 because i had to put a little in for the repair, if you use pay pal then you would be responsible for the charge. You can come check it out anytime you want this weekend.

Todd

Comment

Todd - I re-read your first post, I thought you said you were thinking of selling, not that you'd be selling soon...

I'm not in a possition to do anything until at least next month. $850 is a great price, if you've got the $850. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I saw Stephen Pearcy last month and one of his guitar players used a Splawn. It sounded good but I wasn't blown away. The best hot-rodded Marshall sound I've heard in a long time is the Mesa Stiletto.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Todd - I re-read your first post, I thought you said you were thinking of selling, not that you'd be selling soon...

I'm not in a possition to do anything until at least next month. $850 is a great price, if you've got the $850. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt,

I am in no dier need of money right now, and i have other stuff to sell first, so i will let you know before i put it up on the chopping block for sale.

Comment

Sig wasnt that thing white? It is black now?

john

Comment

Working...
                              X