Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Ear Plugs

Hi,
    I was wondering if you guys have any references for music ear plugs. I've heard about them; ear plugs that don't block or muffle any frequencies like regular ear plugs, they just reduce the volume. I've also heard they can be expensive, but I was hoping to get some so I can crank my Triaxis and Mesa 50/50 without feeling pain in my ears. Any recommendations, or at least the brand so I can look into them?

Thanks a lot,
    Nick

Re: Music Ear Plugs

I like Hearoes. They have three different main ones...one cuts 12, one cuts like 22, and the other one cuts 33 db. Check them out.

Comment

set your sound cranked without earplugs first. then put them in and get used to it not sounding as good.

don't set your sound with your earplugs in. most of your audience won't be wearing them.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I use Hi-Fi Hearo's WHENEVER I'm in a high SPL enviornment. I don't get why more people don't use earplugs. 11 bucks for saving your hearing? Hell, they don't even sound bad at all; actually make some things pop out in the mix a little better (bass drums in particular).

Comment

I just use the ones the Army gave me years ago. I didn't use them for a long time because I thought I wouldn't be able to hear anything. Well, when I started being mostly deaf after rehearsals, I decided to start wearing them and found that I can actually hear everything better with them in--it's just quieter.

Comment

I visited an audiologist, got the molds made, and use those, with the -15 dB filters. I wear them anytime I play, and at all shows. Other than a slight bass emphasis at low mid volume levels - I really think that's bone conduction - they're basically like turning the music down. There's a high end roll off up in the cymbal range, but that doesn't really effect you guitar sound. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

They're expensive, ($125), but they were worth it to me.
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

My Dr. said the same thing, go to an audiologist and have molds made for them.

Another alternative is ,but you would look like a dickhead up on stage, is those isolation headphones that do the same thing.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                My Dr. said the same thing, go to an audiologist and have molds made for them.

Another alternative is ,but you would look like a dickhead up on stage, is those isolation headphones that do the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOu mean like the dude from linkin park
                http://www.dallasmusicguide.com/phot...180_RJ-DMG.jpg

Comment

The dude from Linkin Park looks like a dickhead because he's onstage with Linkin Park. I wouldn't be suprised to find out that he has the album playing in the PA, and his headphones are there so he can hear and fake alongside. I know a lot of drummers that have a earpiece with a click track when they play live.

Comment

That's exactly who I was thinking of -lol.
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      The dude from Linkin Park looks like a dickhead because he's onstage with Linkin Park. I wouldn't be suprised to find out that he has the album playing in the PA, and his headphones are there so he can hear and fake alongside. I know a lot of drummers that have a earpiece with a click track when they play live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually as much as i dont really care for linkin park, i have seen them 3 times, usally because they were opening for another band, and everytime they played live and you could tell they played live. I must add they are good at the style of music they do, just not really my cup of tea.

Comment

I got "InEar" custom plugs, those expensive ones... I paid 180 Euro for both.
                        Well worth it IMO, as everything sounds so much better and clearer than with regular plugs.
                        I now enjoy rehearsals and gigs (and concerts I go to) much more! And I know I can enjoy all that for many more years to come.

On Monday last week I forgot them at home when I went to rehearsal, so I used my old earmuffs. Man, did everything sound like muddy shit or what! That'll teach me to never forget them again. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I wear earplugs when I work with other bands, but for my own band I can't stand them. I take them out after about one song.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I wear earplugs when I work with other bands, but for my own band I can't stand them. I take them out after about one song.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word, i need to hear every note i am playing clearly and the way it was intended, plus behind the PA system it is not that loud anyway and i just turn my amp away or dont stand directly in front of it.

Comment

I went to an audiologist and had mine custome made. They are a lot more Comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                              X