CAE OD100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAE OD100

Anyone here have one of these? The clips on the the site sound great. Hell, this may replace the SLO100 on top of my list for my next amp purchase.

http://www.suhrguitars.com/

http://www.alestrada.com/OD100.htm

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Re: CAE OD100

very smooth tone, he reaps a great sound out of that.

Comment

Tim Krueger has one and loves it. He has played it for me over the phone and it sounds killer.

Comment

Supposedly the newer ones aren't made by CAE and farmed out. I think they started doing that a couple years back. Not that it is a bad amp. Just that you aren't getting a Bradshaw built one like they used to make them. I couldn't say if there is a difference or not. Just figured I'd mention it.
        We must!
        We must!
        We must increase the bust!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!
        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

I had one.
          Only the problem was the boost switch on CH2 adds too much gain.
          I asked John Suhr and he said it can be adjusted from inside.
          I've heard Marshall head mod by John Suhr and I prefer that one than OD100.
          If I had money, I would simply send a used Marshall head to John Suhr and have him modify it with 2CHs/Depth/Effect Loops/Boost and it will be still much cheaper than the OD100.

Comment

Just to add to what Toru said. I talked to John Suhr about my CAE 3+ when I owned it and got a ton more useful information from John than I ever did from CAE. John actually built the preamp I owned and told me tons more than Bradshaw. Including cap and resistor values to change the tone to my liking. It was perfect as is IMO. But John definitely impressed with his customer service. And I never really bought anything new from him. I'm sure any amp work he did would be top notch.
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

According to John Suhr(it was a year ago so not sure now since he is very busy with his guitars/od100), it would take 1month to get the mod done and his price wasn't expensive as I thought.
              I love his guitars and his work on amps.
              Listen to Reb Beach's solo CD or any bootlegs of recent Whitesnake live like last Fall's European tour.
              Both Doug and Reb use Suhr Mod Marhsall heads and sound killer.
              Also, Steve Stevens used OD100 in the studio for recording new Billy Idol's album "Devil's playground".
              Not sure how much he used it though.
              He just bollowed it from John Suhr for the recording only.

Comment

John does absolutely top-notch job. His modded amps sound killer and his guitars are awsome.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Where is Cleveland John...He must be busy..I'd thought he's be all in this conversation..

I am buying a new toy soon...A brand new Shebly Cobra kit ..made by a company called Factory Five Racing..It will make me look even more awesomer than I do..In the land of the Clevelandites.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Have fun with your CAE ..bye
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Where is Cleveland John...He must be busy..I'd thought he's be all in this conversation..

I am buying a new toy soon...A brand new Shebly Cobra kit ..made by a company called Factory Five Racing..It will make me look even more awesomer than I do..In the land of the Clevelandites.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Have fun with your CAE ..bye

[/ QUOTE ]Factory Five make some nice shit.I use to practice across the street from them in the wareham industrial park.It's pretty cool in their building.Just last year some dude rolled a FF cobra driving a very twisty road testing it's cornering in the town next to me.I think He was 25-30 yrs old.He didn't make it
                    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Anyone here have one of these? The clips on the the site sound great. Hell, this may replace the SLO100 on top of my list for my next amp purchase.

http://www.suhrguitars.com/

http://www.alestrada.com/OD100.htm

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My buddy out here had one ( a new one...) and it lasted about 12 hours before he sent it back. This guy is the biggest amp slut known to man and is actually pretty easy to please. He's currently got a Wizard Metal X, a Komet 60, and SLO, a stock JCM 800 and a Cameron JCM 800 showing up any day - so it's not like he doesn't have anything to compare it to...also has owned 25 + Bogner's of various styles.

Is it a bad amp? probably not...is every amp gonna please everybody? no way....he sent it back before I could play it, but we have very similiar tastes in amps so it might not of done it for me either...

Steve E

Comment

Lasted only 12hours? WOW!

One thing I want to add is that OD100 had this Fender type ringing sound in the both CHs that I didn't dig.
                        It was like you were playing Fender amp boosted with Overdrive pedal at max.

Comment

Working...
                        X