Rocktron Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron Question

Will a Rocktron Midimate be able to change the channels on a intelliflex and a Mesa Boogie F30 at the same time?So I could have a clean channel with chorus and a dirty channel with delay

Re: Rocktron Question

Is the F30 Midi switchable?

Comment

No, the F30 is not MIDI switchable. You'd have to get a custom MIDI interface that will work with MIDI to switch the amp. Axxess Electronics makes something like this. I don't know if it works with the F Series Boogies though. Go to thier website and find out. If it's not listed, email them. They're usually very responsive and helpful.

Comment

Thanks for the tip EvilBatman.Trying to learn this midi stuff is like trying to learn a new language

Comment

Or another option is to pickup a Rocktron Replifex, which has a rts 1/4 inch jack that can switch channels/reverb on a non-midi heads. I used to use an Intelifex but switched to the Replifex for this function. You could probably pick up a used Replifex for cheaper than buying a switching unit.

Comment

Mayeb you will need a unit like Rockman Octopus.
            They are cheap and easy to use.
            Half rack size too.

Comment

If the MESA switches via typical latching switches, a MidiMate and a Axxess Electronics CFX-4 will do the trick.

Switcher:
              http://www.axess-electronics.com/_cfx4.htm

Main Site:
              http://www.axess-electronics.com/

I use just that for my CAE3+se preamp and intellifex online.

Comment

Thanks for all the replys [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

So will a $139 Behringer FCB1010 - it switches midi and gives you two 1/4" jacks that can control two things on most footswitchable amps.

Pete

Comment

so i could use a cfx4 with a midi floorboard to switch channels on my lee jackson preamp, which uses a standard 1/4" jack, and switch effects on my intellifex at the same time, ie go from clean with chorus, to dirty with delay?

Comment

As long as the switching inputs on the Lee jackson are latching type, and not momentary, it will likely work.

Do the plugs on the pedal look like a guitar plug (mono) or like a headphone plug (stereo)? If the latter, you may have some fiddling with stereo to mono Y-adapters to do as the CFX4 uses mono cables to do latching switching. Some amps use a stereo cable wired into the pedal switch for multi-channel switching.

If you aren't sure, you can Email Mario at Axxess, and ask him. He is a great guy, and will likely be more than glad to assist you. He is truly a a class act.

Comment

Working...
                      X