gonna try out a Krank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gonna try out a Krank?

well I should have the Krank Rev saturday got tracking numbers today it left fedex in ohio 10:30 this morning and that is the estiimated arrival date who knows maybe tomorrow hopefully.And on another good note a buddy of mine has a buyer for my dsl 100 if I like the Krank better.I'm kinda glad Marshalls prices went up now,I am selling it for $1000 what I paid for it new over 6 years ago it has been re-tubed and it is a hell of alot better than paying the $1500 and change for a new one . So the krank will only end up costing me $389 out of pocket
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

the Krank has arrived going to try it quick at home and at practice tonite will post results over the weekend
      www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Kinda side note here, but related. Looks like they finally released the Dime Krankenstein head. Only $100 more I think. Here's a pic, kinda large, sorry.

Comment

Master 1 and Master 2 eh? I'm betting it has 2 separate footswitch selectable volumes, so that you have a built in lead boost.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Master 1 and Master 2 eh? I'm betting it has 2 separate footswitch selectable volumes, so that you have a built in lead boost.

[/ QUOTE ]
            no shit, sherlock [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            on a sidenote, was the randall warhead tubed or transistors?

Comment

Transistors

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                no shit, sherlock [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                on a sidenote, was the randall warhead tubed or transistors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I haven't read the specs on it, and I've never had an amp with that feature, so it really isn't that obvious. It's an awesome idea though. Are there other amps with this same feature?
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

John and I both played the Warhead..it sound like complete rotten ass..

you couldn't give that paper weight to me..seriously.

I'd take an old cheap RG 80 over that damn Warhead..

had to be one of THE worst amps I've ever tried in my life. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I thought the Warhead had a good clean channel and nice useable effects. The problem with it was the cabinets needed to make it sound good. Regular 4 x 12 cabs didn't cut it. It was almost like it needed a subwoofer or bass cabinets. It was REALLY loud but not necessarily in a good way. I was actually surprised that Randall didn't do a better job on it. Most of their amps are nice.

Comment

I am looking forward to your objective review. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

So what's the verdict? This thread was started in February, Bill resurrected it six months later! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yea... what happened??

Comment

i bet he was high..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The guys in Beyond Fear (Ripper Owens band) were using a Krank (not sure what model) and a Powerball live. I thought they both sounded really good.... can't speak for the reliability though, as it was only a 10 day run, with only 4-5 shows...

Comment

"The guys in Beyond Fear (Ripper Owens band) were using a Krank (not sure what model) and a Powerball live. I thought they both sounded really good.... can't speak for the reliability though, as it was only a 10 day run, with only 4-5 shows... "

That's my bud Jon Comprix of 13 faces and Spawn..he's a mngr at out local GC. I spank him, [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img],but he's a great guy. He just bame a Engl endoressee. John and I were supposed to bring my Uber to GC after hours so my Uber can eat his powerball.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tht hasn't happened yet..I'm too freakin' lazy..

I must call him and do that death match..especially now with a Krank..

Now it will be MY Uber against his powerball and Krank..cool...lookin' forward in crushing him all in good fun!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X