Landry LS 30 Man oh Man what a little beast of an amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landry LS 30 Man oh Man what a little beast of an amp

After watching several clips of this little beast on Youtube and reading all of the glowing reviews the cork sniffers post, the other guitarist in
    the band I'm working with right now decided to grab one that was available locally and take a chance and check it out in person.

Holy Crap what a little beast. Nice clean channel that can get a Plexi type break up if you max out the gain on that channel,
    and 2 gain modes that both sound amazing that are all foot switchable.
    If you like that JMP/early JCM 800 2204 sound you will love this thing.

We a/b'd it against my modded Jvm 210H (which sounds very 2204-ish with the 3 mods I had done to it) and it hung right with it.
    So much so that I bought one off Reverb last night, all at 26 pounds.
    it could be the answer to my gigging dreams as the band I'm playing with is doing almost all classic rock (that is mostly marshall based sounds)

My JVM weighs a ton and I am sick of lugging it around (which is unfortunate because it sounds great), but I'm not getting any younger.
    The LS30 has a nice on board reverb, takes pedals really well and has a tube buffered FX loop. We ran my Axe Fx II through it in 4cm mode and it worked brilliantly.
    Nice Master volumes as well, the amp sounded very good at almost whisper levels.

Any one who digs those 2204 tones and wants them at a manageable level should definitely check one of these out from clean to AC/DC to Van Halen, to hair metal with a tube screamer you've got it
    the only thing I would not recommend it for is modern metal, it's way too loose and squishy (great for lead playing) I think my JVM may be on it's way out ......
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Your new amp sounds fantastic! Enjoy for me too
    This amp company has been on my radar, along with Reeves, Mezzabarba, Myasnikov, and for the longest time, Carr. I no longer make the money to treat GAS but I still enjoy reading, watching, and hearing about this gear. I wonder how your amp compares to a similar Friedman like a Dirty Shirley?

Comment

I hopefully will be picking it up on Monday form the UPS center, and putting it through it's paces on Monday night at rehearsal. I find the Friedmans have a "conjested" mid sound that is more modern sounding than this (Splawn has it as well). I was on the fence between the landry , a Friedman And one of the new Marshall 20 wattt JCM 800's but those are both EL-84's , the landry is el-34 and to my ears sounds much more "open". It's not as high gain as the Friedman, but it 's got plenty on tap, and with an Mxr 10 band EQ in the loop and a tubescreamer slamming it up front I 'm sure I can get a decent range of tones out or it , outside of what it does already on it's own. And they are all similarly priced, so getting a hand wired point to point amp at this price that sounds this good
      was kind of hard to walk away from

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnWM-unU648

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQt0_A572x8

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQt0_A572x8

Comment

Working...
          X