Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Marshall TSL/DSL experts

Hey guys,

I'm just starting to use my effects loop on my TSL100 and I've noticed something and I was wondering if what I'm experiencing is typical. If I run my GT-6 normally with guitar-gt6-head, I get one sound. If I run my rig using the effects loop, I get a different sound (for the same effect). It almost appears to me that the fx loop is sitting differently, like it's not getting to the pre-amp first. Can someone explain to me why this is. I'm rather fustrated that I cannot achieve the same sounds using the fx loop that I can thru my guitar-in [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Is it my GT-6 that just sucks? Do I need a different fx processor? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

thanks,

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: Calling Marshall TSL/DSL experts

I am no guru but I think the effects loop bypasses the preamp stage of the head.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Re: Calling Marshall TSL/DSL experts

The fx loop is like an insert AFTER the preamp, before the power amp section. So if your fx loop doesn't have a -4db/+10db switch, it will feed a line level signal into your GT6, which is expecting a passive guitar signal.

Pete

Comment

Working...
      X