Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to get EMG pickups....cheapest.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to get EMG pickups....cheapest.....

I am considering an EMG 81/85 set for a Warlock I just bought. Where can you find EMG pickups for a good price? Do they come with everything you need to get them hooked up? I have ZERO experience with EMG. Another thing is.........my favorite pickup is the Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion hands down. I also like my Bill Lawrence 500XL. Where would the EMG's fit in with these. I know they are high output and have endless harmonics according to alot of you guys around here. I'm trying to get a tight, focused sound with heavy palm mutes and shredderific soloing capabilities.............you know, the list goes on. I know there is no perfect pickup, but I need something active for some reason. My rig is simple. Cheap CRATE GX212 combo, BOSS Metal Zone, DOD EQ, DOD Delay and Morely Pro Series Wah. I plan to get into a Randall RH200 half stack so give me opinions based on these two amps.

In short,

Where to find EMG

Cheapest price for EMG

How does the EMG sound through Solidstate amps.

Thanks guys.

Re: Best place to get EMG pickups....cheapest.....

Hey Jon, I know here alot of stores don't have EMG pickups in stock or advertised, but ask your local shops if you can order in some EMG's on there back line, which is mainly the case where I live. Just ask around, your bound to find some. If not you can always order online.

Comment

Actually I have found the best place to find cheap EMGs is right here on JCF Classifieds! That's where I got my latest 2! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey John,I just bought a emg 81 used but in mint condition and comes with all the parts.I paid $50 for it.I know the guy has another one if you are interested e mail me and I will send you his e mail.Paul [email protected]

Comment

You got mail Paul................

Comment

Jon,I never got your e mail.Send it again and I will give you the info.Paul

Comment

Working...
            X