Hey Zeus Christo! I found an amp I like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Zeus Christo! I found an amp I like

Well Currently I have a Triple Giant running through a Blackface 2150 to a Marshall TV cab. WOW it is the sound I have been looking for and the funny thing is I got it on a whim (itellifex in the effects loop). The sound I have been looking for indeed. Here is my real question though I have found another triple giant moded by trace that looks intriguing with some awesome NOS tubes... Should I just settle with what I have or should I upgrade for a little more. The $ isn't the issue just if I should risk a good thing
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Hey Zeus Christo! I found an amp I like

Upgrade! Keep them both and you have mega flexabilty. It can ALWAYS be better....

Comment

I guess money is an object not on the upgrade but owning both it is [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

They can always be sold pretty quickly and hold their value.

Comment

True indeed I am just trying to retire from the constat in and out of gear... I might ahve to do that I don't think I am ready to give up on my triple giant for a new one without knowing I love it

Comment

Retire from gear whoring??? Are you mad??!?!!

Haha...

Ehh, I would not sell the cool one till I knew I had another good one. These things aren't always the same, and a modded one may not be to your tastes.

I played with my CAE for months almost hating it before I decided I liked it... And I still wonder sometimes. And I'm always changing some small thing that really changes the whole tone a bit.

Considering what I've learned in the last couple years, I'm kicking myself for ditching some cool equipment. Stuff that I know I could use for something now that I'm a bit smarter in the tone crafting field. Hence my reluctance to ditch the CAE for some pie in the sky.

Comment

Once a gear***** always a gear*****.. You will never change. I think you might be in denial. Besides. If you stop maitanence on your habit then you wont be able to share in discussions like this. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ August 23, 2003, 04:54 AM: Message edited by: Firebird V ]

Comment

Considering I have been through 50 guitars and 20 amps in the past two-three years you can bet that I have kicked myself over a few...

Yeah you are right I keep trying to stop being a ***** but my pimp won't let me....

Actually thanks for the advice.. I am holding on to mine I will raise the funds for the other one

Comment

Working...
                X