Marshall Artist 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall Artist 30

yes the 3203.. I just picked mine up and then a Laney 50 right next to it. I stand corrected.. it isn't that heavy. I live on the third floor and after you carry a 4x12 and a rack with a head down the stairs a few times, I think anything seems heavy. It's been almost a year since I've plugged into mine. My tan grilled one was in excellent condition.. I've never seen another so now I kick myself for selling that one instead of the black one.
    This is not to be confused with the Artiste~ marshalls.

[ August 20, 2003, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Mine it forest green colored. very odd for marshall to make them in anything but black tolex, huh?

Comment

You don't happen to have the matching cab by any chance?

Comment

no, i just use it through 1960a and b cabs. the forest green is so dark you can't tell it's not black onstage.

Comment

Yeah, that is a cool tolex.. they have the gold piping I believe as opposed to the white...Gold is a nicer contrast.

Comment

I hit a used shop this weekend and they had my EXACT 3203 head, forest tolex, but also had black 1965 A & B cabs. I couldn't believe how small that stack was, I felt like a giant. Did the 1965 sound better with the 3203 than a 1960?(I didn't plug into the 1965 stack)

[ August 25, 2003, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Demon ]

Comment

Those are good cabs if you snag em for 200.00-250. Some guys do not like 10's, but those 10's are not made by celestion anymore if I recall correctly and they have decent power handling.
                I think they sound tight-n-punchy, they're great cabs for club gigs. The 1966 cabs (same cab 2x12) are great too. If you see them for under 200.00 in decent shape, buy it!

Comment

He wanted $320, probably a bit much.

Comment

A piece? or for both? They have been going up lately due to the celestions now being out of production. Seems 300.00 per cab is about the going price on the 1965a... you could shoot a lowball 250.00-?.

Comment

Working...
                    X