Mesa Boogie Mark III/Marshall Tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mesa Boogie Mark III/Marshall Tone

I'm not sure if you're just giving me information with the "750 band" slider, or if you're suggesting something to me, but with my triaxis there's only the Dynamic Voice, and I've found that I like the tones a lot better without it...it seems to add this huge amount of extra sound that I don't need...it drops the low end, and pushes the highs, and sorta like, rips open the sound so everything's flying out at you...it's not focused or controlled, and I can get a wicked sound, plenty loud, with the DV acting almost as an EQ boost, which is probably what it is, I just don't know it. So yeah, thanks for the tips and the info and all...

Cheers,
    Nick

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sorry Nick!

I completely missed the part where you said 'Triaxis'. Thought you were using a MkIII...

The '750' refered to the center eq slider on the MkIII.

Apologies for the brain cramp.
      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I would think that boosting the mids and lowering the bottom on a Mesa would give you sort of a Marshall tone.

Comment

It's alright, Nor, don't worry! and jgcable, if you're talking about the Dynamic Voice, when I said drops the low end, I meant it makes it deeper, and bigger, like boosting the lows...should have phrased that differently...the Dynamic Voice, incrementally, scoops the mids, and boosts the lows and highs more severely through the 0-10 number range.

Cheers,
          Nick

Comment

Working...
          X