Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johnson J-Station, why no rackmount version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson J-Station, why no rackmount version?

I was checking out the Johnson J-Station today and it sounded great, in fact I really loved it but then I found out there is no rack mount version.

That sucks! Do you guys know if there will eventually be a rack mount J-Station? The POD and V-Amp seems to have them beat in this area.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Re: Johnson J-Station, why no rackmount version?

Doubtful. The J-Station is actually discontinued. Johnson is owned by Harmon, also the owner of Digitech and DOD. Last I heard, the J-Station was being phased out along with the DOD pedal line.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone:
      Doubtful. The J-Station is actually discontinued. Johnson is owned by Harmon, also the owner of Digitech and DOD. Last I heard, the J-Station was being phased out along with the DOD pedal line.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Really, that's a shame.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Sort of related... I was torn between that and the Pod, and REALLY liked the clean Jazz Chorus sound of the Pod over the Johnson, but couldn't justify the cost difference.
        Well, Johnson has a great support site... and you can go on and dowload other tones from their tone library... I now have a great JC type clean.. and still saved more than $100 over the POD.
        Get it - you won't be dissappointed.
        If you REALLY are set on it, get a shelf for your rack, and store it in there... then use a ground control type interface so you can switch it in and out of your amp's signal chain.
        Otherwise, Johnson makes a pretty good amp head....

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">According to Johnson Support posts at www.johnson-amp.com 's forums, as well as Johnson's Exit Statement, the J-Station has not been discontinued.

Reality seems to suggest otherwise: for example, the recent drop in price to $99.

atg

[ August 08, 2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: axtogrind ]
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Originally posted by axtogrind:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Inazone:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">According to Johnson Support posts at www.johnson-amp.com 's forums, as well as Johnson's Exit Statement, the J-Station has not been discontinued.

Reality seems to suggest otherwise: for example, the recent drop in price to $99.

atg
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">by the look of the date of the statement....it is no longer made but supported from their cheezy support site...there have been no firmware of software upgrades in a LONG time and I assume there will not be.

I have a J station and pretty happy with it...for a hundred bucks...you cant go wrong
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
              there have been no firmware of software upgrades in a LONG time and I assume there will not be.

I have a J station and pretty happy with it...for a hundred bucks...you cant go wrong
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I don't expect to see any official updates. Nice unit, though.

atg
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I'm convinced, I'm gonna get it!

Comment

Chickenscratch - if you use it to record on the PC you can use the J-edit and really don't need a rackmont. I only use the J to record with so I don't have to blast the wife and kids outta the house when I mic my cab.

heres some examples of what you can do with it
                  mp3's using the J-Station

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

So is the J-station a lot better than the V-amp 2? I know the V-amp 2 doesn't compare that great to the POD, but I mention it because the rackmount version is only $199.99 at MF. It's on the same page as the POD xt Pro for $699.99 so it's obvious the POD must be a lot better, but the rackmount V-amp is only $60 more than the tabletop.

Just trying to muddy the water a bit! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ August 10, 2003, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The J-Station is worth getting just for the bass amp models alone, which is something neither the V-Amp nor POD have. The bass models are pretty cool--maybe not as good as the Bass POD, but then that thing is horribly overpriced.

I got my J-Station used and have only played with the guitar amp models a little bit. Some aren't too bad--the heavier rhythm guitar type sounds are probably a bit better than the V-Amp, if not quite as nice as the Recto or Soldano models on the POD.

Comment

Here guys, if you just need something cheap for headphone practice/recording:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=22669

Zoom's version. No, you can't save presets, but they don't sound bad at all. For $35... how can you go wrong? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

EDIT: here's another one on ebay, with a better description of what it does:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=22669

[ August 11, 2003, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Twisteramps ]

Comment

J-station is great, the computer editing is a great feature. I could not justify spending 250-300 for the pod when it was out.. the J-station won my vote.

[ August 11, 2003, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

I haven't used my J-Station (yet) for any of my metal stuff, but my girlfriend wrote some songs and I recorded guitar and bass tracks with it. The bass models are really good. I only messed with the guitar models a little, but was able to get a pretty wide range of sounds just using presets.
                            sigpic

Comment

How is the Pod Pro rackmount? Anyone using one? I think there's one I can get pretty cheap new..like about 150.00.

Comment

Working...
                              X