Roland VG-8 virtual guitar system!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roland VG-8 virtual guitar system!!

Accept2 and BigDaddy sum it up really well... I've always admired these machines and look forward to one day acquiring one myself - I think that when you use a full midi-ized rack rig like I do - that is, I use midi to control everything, and I can control everything from my foot controllers - then the VG-8 probably isn't such a leap... You have to be an inveterate tweaker to get and remain deeply in the rack realm - there are so many more variables to deal with than when you're working with heads and pedals - so I'm well on my way to being a VG-8-head already... Whether you want to incorporate it into your particular rig or not, you have to admit that they are very, very cool tools - way ahead of the Variax, imho...

Comment

Re: Roland VG-8 virtual guitar system!!

You guys are dead on accurate. The coolest thing is that I can use my favorite guitar that plays the best and has the best action and make it sound like just about any guitar ever made or any of my other guitars for that matter because I can build my own virtual guitar from scratch. It also would be a fantastic tool for a guitar player who wants to play bass. The bass patches are perfect and it is pretty cool playing a 6 string bass that is actually your Soloist and ripping sweeps and pedal tones. Heck, I think I might be better than Billy Sheehan on bass!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ July 26, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: jgcable ]

Comment

Working...
      X