Best distortion pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best distortion pedal

i need a new distortion so which one is best for death metal?

Re: Best distortion pedal

If by "new" you mean new to you (but possibly used), I would highly recommend a Korg 104ds HyperDistortion or ART Xtreme. Since I play lead guitar in my band, I prefer the Xtreme's tone a bit, but for strictly rhythm, the Korg has some of the heaviest distortion I've found. Both are discontinued, but can be found on eBay and other sites for reasonable prices. Either would be better than a Boss or DOD pedal, if for no other reason than versatility; the ART has three distortions (all analog, no models) and some pretty nice reverb/chorus/delay effects, and the Korg has the Cabinet Resonator they used before using cab models on their newer pedals.
    sigpic

Comment

Yes the Korg Hyper Distortion that Inazone mentioned ...is really sweet . My Bud Clevemetal has one ...that's all I played into fo a while.

....I only heard about the Art pedal ..a few times!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If you get the Korg 411FX you will get all kinds of cool effects along with the killer distortion that is in the 104SD. Also look at the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone. It is excellent and has been used by practically every player on the planet.

Comment

I was wondering what else they put that distortion into. I was hoping they wouldn't just let that 104ds sound just die...

Comment

i like the hughes and kettner warp factor.
            i'm trying to save some $$$ to get one.

i have a mint condition korg 104ds hyper distortion with original manual and box for sale if anyone is interested.

email me [email protected]

Comment

The Korg AX1000G has the 104DS and the 411FX built in. It is actually like having 2 of each in one pedal. The Boss Drive Zone is another great pedal that nails everything from the Metal Zone to the Proco Rat to the MXR Distortion + to the Ibanez TS-9 tube screamer.

Comment

I have a Korg 104ds Hyper Distortion too. It's too bad it's been discontinued, but I didn't know it was in the AX1000G.

Comment

Working...
                X