Running through an fx loop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running through an fx loop!

Need an advice/solution for running an rackmounted fx processor!

The rocktron Intellifex has stereo inputs but send from my ada is mono!
    Do i need a y cable?
    Running it from pre-amps outputs into procesosors input?
    Or can i simply run it from send to R(mono) input?
    The whole thing looks like these!
    Comments....

Guitar into a pre-amp!
    The pre-amps outputs (a&b) into stereo poweramp! The pre-amps send into processor's input(Mono, what about the other input?)
    The processors ouptut into preamp's receive!

What about the midi connection?
    How do i connect the 2 beasts together!

Help...

Re: Running through an fx loop!

Oooooookay [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Seriously, if you are using the power amp's stereo feature, then I'd run from the ADA's Main outs to the Rocktron's Ins. If you're NOT using stereo effects like roto-speakers or bouncing delays, or if you don't plan to set the effects for one effect hard left/another effect hard right, then running out of the Send into the Mono input of the Rocktron would be fine.

For the MIDI connection, run a MIDI cable from the MP-1's MIDI Out to the Rocktron's MIDI In, set both units to the same MIDI channel (1-16, but 10 is always reserved for drums), and you should be able to set each patch in the Rocktron to a specific number of the ADA - for example, ADA program 5 (distortion) calls Rocktron patch 12 (Chorus with delay), but so does ADA program 40 (straight clean). I don't know if that Rocktron unit can do individual MIDI assignments like that. My Digitech gear could.

Newc

[ June 26, 2003, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Running through an fx loop!

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] A great help so far!

But! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

About midi, so the ada's midi in is still reserved for the foot controller, right?

So basicly i get 16 different midi channels to operate with?

About the hook-ups...
      I dig the stereo quite a lot!
      One of the reasons to get the rocktron, fidlle with chorus quite a lot!

But when i come to a gig and those incompotent local tech's do't have enough mic's for my rig or enough soace on the mp/a miwer! I can only get one mic to go to the p/a!

What do you suggest me to do?
      Run it from the out's still?

Comment

Working...
      X