Peavey Triple X and XXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Triple X and XXL

Anyone tried the Peavey XXX and XXL? I tried the XXX and thought it was pretty good.

Re: Peavey Triple X and XXL

i really like my XXX, i just put Svetlana el34's in it. it now sounds even better.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I absolutley love both amps. I think they both sound great.

Comment

I believe the XXX is all tube, the XXL is solid state. I think Steve on this board (Severed Serenity) has the XXL and really likes it.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just saw both today, and I was wondering the difference myself.

Comment

In the last couple of weeks I've made several trips to a local store just to play the XXX. I can't believe how good that amp sounds! I'm hoping that by this time next year I'll have one [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I heard them at NAMM, played by a demo dude. They sounded very good to me, especially for the price, and for the relatively low volumes he was playing. Can't comment on the "feel" of them, though, and I'd be interested to try one sometime, for kicks.

Comment

I just picked up the XXL 212 Combo last weekend. So far I love it. Lots of gain. I also like that it's expandable - it has 2 speaker jacks, and is switchable between 4, 8, and 16 ohms. I also like that the power output is adjustable. You can switch between 25, 50, or 100 watts output.

I'm playing it in my apartment at low volume, and it sounds really good. I haven't had a chance to crank it yet though.

I played the XXX combo, and it was great, but for just playing in my apt, I didn't need to spend the extra $500.

Comment

I demoed a used XXX head at G.C. with a Jackson DKMGT and was very pleased with its sounds. The clean was a good clear usable clean. The Crunch channel sounded very good also but the Ultra channel was excellent. IMO. Like a cross between a 5150 and a Recto and very loud. For the price they are a great value. The XXX head is going to be my next new amp purchase.

Ric

Comment

Working...
                  X