Midi adapter on the Pod XT???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midi adapter on the Pod XT???????

Ok, I have my new XT and I have to update the firmware to 1.02. I have to get one of those soundcard/midi adapters to connect my XT to the PC soundcard. Can anyone tell me if this has to be a certain type of adapter or can it be one of these cheap types:
    Midi adapter
    I don't really mind if it's cheap, but as long as it works. I guess the update that I need this for will actually do away with the need of midi cables and adapters(how ironic..) and all updates will be performed through the USB connection. Any info from those of you who have these would be greatly appreciated [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] .

Thanks again,
    Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: Midi adapter on the Pod XT???????

That is exactly the cheap-o kind of cable that I purchased off of ebay to connect my Soundblaster Live! to my Johnson J-Station.

Works like a charm.
    atg
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Hey Dave, I knew you were holding out for the Xt. Good call and a great investment. I beleive you will find it a must have when you record a new post. Hint! I purchased a POD XT with 1.01 and was able to do the Midi upgade with a Echo Layla card which already has Midi ports. When doing the upgade follow all of the Line6 steps which they go into great detail. 1.02 really doesnt change the sounds much in my opinion but does give you the USB drivers so you can record and send/receive Midi through the USB cable. Also do not do the 1.03 upgrade for XT on the Guitar Port site. It adds a better USB driver but screws up the tones on the XT and they all clip. I did this and am unable to reload 1.02. I guess it is a Beta upgrade that marries the Guitar Port and the XT for use together with your computer but relies on the Guitar Port software to brighten the tones in the POD up which the 1.03 screwed up. Now I have to wait for the official 1.03-4 upgrade to restore my Xt's pristene sounds. My bad though they said it was a beta so I took a chance. I do like the Line6 Tone locker which will work after you do the official upgrade. I think your tones and mixes will hit new levels after a brief period editing your XT to taste. Also I think your Midi pedal can be programmed to work with the Xt also. And lastly I got a Midi adapter for $35 from my local Radio Shack. Enjoy the Tone.

Ric

[ June 19, 2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Ric1983 ]

Comment

Hey thanks ATG, it's good to know that!

Hey Ric, good to hear form you. Yeah, I bought one from musicians friend to try out since they give you the 45 day trial. I sent it back because I got a hot tip from one of the members here that a music store had them for $100.00 cheaper. I have to admit, at first I was a bit skeptical but I have now fallen in love with the thing. There is an unbelievable amount of parameters on this unit. It's going to take a lot of playing with but I'm already figuring out the way the whole program is laid out. The Channel 6 forum is good but there are a lot of people on there that seem to have a real attitude. Not all, but some keep *****ing about the same thing over and over and it gets kind of repetetive. Good source of info though. I've already downloaded everything I need now so when I get the adapter, I'll be good to go. By the way, what's your screen name on the channel 6 forum?
        Thanks again Ric,

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
        X