Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aphex Exciters

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has used any of the Aphex Aural Exciters. I was thinking of getting their new Guitar Xciter, which is basically the Aural Exciter in a stompbox, and "tweaked" to sound best with a guitar.

Should I waste money on one ?

Thanks

Re: Aphex Exciters

I tried one of their early rack models years ago and it was pure crap!!!! I don't know what they could of possibly "tweaked" ...I say try one first..

...I'm a fan of the BBE 422 with some amps
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

None of my local stores carry these things. I was also thinking of the Sonic Maximizer 482, except, I don't have a rack to mount it it.

BTW, the amp I'm using is a Line 6 Flextone II..

Comment

No rack? No problem! I am gonna build a rack out of plywood when I get all the gear I want. All you have to do get the rails to mount it to. For now I am using a plastic bottle crate.

Comment

Originally posted by EvDog:
          None of my local stores carry these things. I was also thinking of the Sonic Maximizer 482, except, I don't have a rack to mount it it.

BTW, the amp I'm using is a Line 6 Flextone II..
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If that's the only rack unit you're going to have, there's no law saying you can't just put it on top of your amp and run it
          in the loop. You can use shorter cables
          for best results that way anyway. If it's in the loop your guitar cable won't
          be tugging on it, so it's not apt to fall
          off the amp.

A decent 6-space rack can be had on Ebay for $50 or so plus shipping, or as Wilie said, use a milk crate or build one of plywood.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'm not much for building, but I do have a couple of milk crates laying around. The amp has its knobs, and a couple of vent holes on the top, so I don't think I can just set it on top.

I've been reading reviews on the BBE stuff, and it sounds like they're the thing to get.

Comment

Get a BBE 422 or a 422a...I hate all of them after those were made....way too much sizzle..

I talked to the guys a Barcus Berry years ago and advised me that those 422's work best with guitar racks..

...I'm running my BBE 422 with my Marshall rack ...5150's also seriously love 422's!!!!

[ April 03, 2003, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X