HELP WITH A BBE 422A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP WITH A BBE 422A

Hi,I just wanted to hook a bbe 422a into my rack.Do you hook it up before or after the effects unit.This is a list of what is in my rack 1.furman pl plus 2.mesa triaxis preamp 3.tc electronics g force 4.rocktron super c hush 5.mesa 290 power amp.where should I hook the bbe in?Right now I have it after the effects unit because I figured why alter the sound of the effects.Is this right?

Re: HELP WITH A BBE 422A

Assuming you listed them in the order of your signal chain, and are just putting the BBE (as if it were 3.5)...

If you DON'T want to affect the sound of the effects unit, you should put it BEFORE the effects unit. Wherever you put it in the signal chain, it's going to affect the sound of everything BEFORE it. Think about it, and I think you'll realize it and it'll make sense to you.

I personally put my BBE and like units at the very end of the signal chain before the power amp, because I want to affect the whole signal as a whole. Like most anything, though, it depends on what sounds better to you, and moving it around anywhere after the preamp in the chain shouldn't cause any problems. Try it in different places and see what you like best. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
    X