All Boss GT-3 users!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Boss GT-3 users!!!

There's something wrong with my GT-3. It has develloped some kind of distortion/buzzing sound that I can't seem to figure out. The unit is practically useless now. Everything sounds messed up. The store I bought it from has no idea what could be wrong, and the warranty has expired so I though I'd check in with you guys before I pay for a repair.
    I've double checked everyting with different cables, amps and guitars, so I'm sure it's the GT-3 that is broken.
    I've tried to adjust the output level but it makes no difference.
    Is there an internal battery that has to be changed? Could this be the reason?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Re: All Boss GT-3 users!!!

did you make sure your global setting is "line/headphones" not guitar amp/stack or other?

JOHN

Comment

I've never touched the global settings on the unit until now, but they were on Guitar Combo. I use it with a combo and it's been like that for over three years.
      I tried the other options, and the buzzing was still there so I don't know what could be wrong.
      ??

Comment

I used to own a GT-3 a few years ago. It got a problem and I sent it in for repair, because one button got smooshed in and didn't work. Everything else worked fine. It sat at Roland for, as I remember, several weeks, and every time I called to check, it was very obvious that nothing was being done with it. They kept saying they were waiting for parts from overseas. I understand this is very common for overseas-made products, getting the parts can take months. Mine wasn't completely messed up, so I had them send it back, the frustration wasn't worth it to me.

Just wanted to let you know what might be in store if you have to send it in for repair. You might want to plan on getting something to replace it for the meantime if you can, especially if you are in a band.

Some thoughts on the problem...

Have you tried turning ALL effects and components of the GT-3 OFF? As I remember, all the different effects sections can be turned off, right? This way, you turn them all off, and make sure it's not a specific effect block that's causing the problem. If you do this, and the buzzy is gone, then start turning on the blocks until you hear the buzzy again. Then go from there...

Have you tried using headphones with it, to see if you hear the buzzy sound in them as well as the regular outputs?

Have you fiddled with any settings since it last sounded "normal"? "Buzzy" can be caused by probably just about every effect in a unit like that, with such a huge variety of effects that can be varied to the extreme.

Good luck, I hope you can find it's just some goofy little effects thingie you can turn off and avoid having to send it in... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

also try here
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GT-3/
          Finn

Comment

Could be something simple like a loose connection on the input or output jack

Comment

Working...
            X