Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gp 1000

What is a GP 1000?

sorry for the stupid question. What is it and is it any good at what it does?

Re: gp 1000

i did a search for a gp 1000 and came up with a Lee Jackson GP 1000 Preamp, which is a rack preamp

by the harmony central reviews it sounds like a good amp but that is harmony central [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] adn im not sure what tyes of music they play

David

[ March 30, 2003, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: The Enema ]

Comment

Yes that is what it is.Its a pre amp that lee jackson made.They say the better ones are the one that are modeled after the marshalls.Which are the later ones.The first ones were modeled after fenders and don't get that real good metal crunch sound.

Comment

Alexi Laiho uses one....

Comment

sweet. how much do they cost?

Comment

Theres 2 of them on ebay right now.I think they are in the $165 to $200 range.Just make sure you get one of the later models.They sound better(more gain and very marshall sounding than the earlier ones)I think you want one that is made from 1990 or later.If you go on ebay go to amplifiers and then put in lee jackson.2 of them should come up.Also there is a web site www.metaltronix.com that can give you a lot of info on them.Hope this helps you.Paul

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=38075

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=10171

Also check here for info on Lee Jackson stuff in general...http://www.metaltronix.net/

Comment

Those are designed by Lee, they were manufactured in the name of Perfect Connection, I think that was a design before the Metaltronix line.

I had an older one, with a driver in the signal chain it was ok for higher gain stuff. It suffered some w/o it. I tested all the tubes, they were all strong but it was a little on the lacking side. I tried it, wasn't impressed, and unloaded it when I needed money before going thru the mods. It's a pretty straightforward preamp but it has some interesting features on the back.

The Metaltronix sight has some good ideas on mods for the preamp if I recall. Check it out.. I think there was gain mod as well as a clean mod for it.

Even tho they all say GP-1000, they do vary in some features, so if you're interested, check out the website first, some of the guys I've emailed with were pretty cool in answering questions.

[ March 31, 2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Working...
                X