2 cabinets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 cabinets

Recently I got in touch with some guy from Diezel amps, asking for prices and telling that I want a really brutal sound. He told me that if I want to get it really brutal, I should get 2 cabinets. Is it true? If it is, why?

Re: 2 cabinets

Yes, and because it's bigger and louder. More speakers = more thump. Usually. But you don't have to have a full stack to get brutal sounds. Most death metal dudes I know of use half stacks.

Comment

Yup, bigger, louder, more thump, and also, it just looks damn cool! Also, besides tone, more cabinets can give you directional flexibility to make it easier to fill the room with your tone.

Cheers,
      Nick

Comment

Thanx for info [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        I think I won`t be needing 2 cabs, judgeing by your replies. One cabinet is more than enough for the practice room(what would I do with 2 cabs in a basement?) and the venues I`m playing now. If I bring 2 cabs with me in a venue that can take up to 500-600 people, it`s either I couldn`t crank it enough to justifie the use of 2 cabs, or I could really crank them and shut up everyone else on the stage.
        So, for now, I`ll go with 1 cab only.

Comment

I use two cabs all the time, unless there just isn't enough room on some tiny stage.
          There is a tonal difference at all volumes. Its not just about "more", but "more better". [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Plus, it looks badass! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah....I know it looks badass [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            But right now, I think if I put 2 cabs in the venues I`m playing now, we should remove the roof to fit them in [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            Maybe one day......
            [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Remove the roof for TWO cabs? Bah. I wish I had a picture of all the gear that SunnO))) is using on their tour. Something like six Sunn half stacks just for guitar. For those that don't know, Sunns are f**king LOUD amps. The Model T's that they're using being the nastiest of the bunch. They're playing mostly small clubs too.

Comment

Working...
              X