Liked the AC-30 so much I went Stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liked the AC-30 so much I went Stereo

Liked the Sound of my New AC-30 with Top Boost and Blue Dogs so much I had to go Stereo. It is Magic [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Have a look

Thats Enuf Gear for a while

Later BB

[ March 24, 2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Bad-Brad ]

Re: Liked the AC-30 so much I went Stereo

I think I'd get those hot running EL84 amps away from the wall when I play, or budget for some hefty amp repairs soon. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

They are a foot off the wall and I don't care about money. Next question?

BB

Comment

1.) Do you adopt? and 2.)would you care to donate to the un-needy but extremely greedy?

Comment

So what purpose is the TV? are you using the amplifiers as home theater speakers? That's what it looks like. haha. I guess it matches the the rest of the room. very feng shui (ahh yuppie trends) [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Dont care about money the man says?

Must be nice to have enough not to care about spending money on errors that could've been prevented. Like what Pete mentioned but as you have it a foot away thats good... but to just not care about money... must be nice to have that kind of stability.

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Of course you know I was only joking about the money part. With regards to the 84's I was thinking of putting a muffin fan in to help with cooling but worry about the Tubes not staying at the right operating temp. What do you guys think?

BB

Comment

Yessuh I know you was kidd'n... if your amp doesnt short out or go crazy from the heat then I say its fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad-Brad:
                  Of course you know I was only joking about the money part. With regards to the 84's I was thinking of putting a muffin fan in to help with cooling but worry about the Tubes not staying at the right operating temp. What do you guys think?

BB
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are those the real deal or reissues? Get a 220v fan and use that - it'll run at 1/2 speed and be very quiet.

Pete

Comment

There RI's with top boost & Blue Dogs still sound great though. Thanks Pete I'll give that a go just want to move some air around. Hey they take the chill out of the Studio.

BB

[ March 26, 2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Bad-Brad ]

Comment

Aw heck, the RIs sound great - just the old ones were much more susceptible to thermal issues than the RIs. Either are nice amps, I just think the RIs will live longer without repairs. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Told the Wife they were new Speakers for the Home Theatre in the Studio. Don't think she bought it though [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Later BB

Comment

Originally posted by Bad-Brad:
                          Told the Wife they were new Speakers for the Home Theatre in the Studio. Don't think she bought it though [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Later BB
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

are they two separate amps or one amp + an extra cab

yes i am an idiot i know

David

[ March 30, 2003, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: The Enema ]

Comment

Working...
                          X