CABS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CABS

Can anyone tell me how a oak cabinet loaded with celeston g12m 70s would sound?I have never heard of a cabinet being made from oak.I dont know if it will be to dull sounding or not.Thanks for the help.

Re: CABS

I dunno. I keep forget'n about which woods sound like what. You can always just go to your local hardware store and just knock on a few pieces of wood and get a feel for the different vibes they give off.

Comment

Oak is a pretty dense hard wood. I would assume that it wood sound verrry dark and quite possibly very muddy. Just a guess.

Comment

Has anyone ever played through an oak cab???I dont want to buy this and not be happy with it.I tried to check out some cabs,but I cant find any made from oak.The 2 metaltronix oak ones on ebay were a custom order.I e mailed lee jackson and he said that he made them but I got no reply on the sound of them.

Comment

parntz145,

Your in luck if I remember correctly. If this was the million dollar question I might just have one it.

The old LEDGEND cabinets fron the eighties probably are made of oak. There is a dang good chance that they also have 70 watt Celestions in them. They have a wicker cane grille like the Boogie Mark 2's.

If you can find one of them that might be your answer.

And If it sounds bad you can keep the speakers for another cab and that cane grille will recover the wore out seat in grandma's old rocker " Like new"! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If I remember there is one at a music store here in North Texas and they wanted very little for it.
          Give me a holler if your are interested and I'll attempt to hook you up.

Matt

[email protected]

Comment

Yep,
            They were made of Oak! Do a search on Yahoo and there is some info.

Matt

Legend link

Comment

Working...
            X