first gig with Soldano HR 25 last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first gig with Soldano HR 25 last night

I only ever gig with my SLO,,,but played a smaller room benefit gig last night and so opted for my hot rod 25. Seriously, spent the whole night with compliments on my sound, from my band members to many in attendance. This amp just sounds so full and fat right away, even at lower levels.....amp was just singing all night. Ended up playing many solos even without remembering to use a little boost from my TS9....as the amp alone just oozed with sustain and tone, and the master was only around 4. When I did kick on the pedal, it was just sustain for days. Preamp on the OD channel was only set to around 7.5. What a sweet amp, just amazing in every way. I bought it last spring but only used it around the house so far. I was impressed with how loud it can be, too...could seriously be used for any gig in any situation easily. Between this and my SLO, I just can't imagine ever wanting anything else. It is surreal that Soldano is officially "no more" now that Mike is officially retired and the shop is shut down. I've been a Soldano player since 2005 and don't plan on that changing ever, even with the brand out of business. Used my Jem 77VBK with an EVO in the bridge and breed in the neck for the whole gig.
    Last edited by lynchfan6; 01-13-2019, 05:50 PM.

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
    I only ever gig with my SLO,,,but played a smaller room benefit gig last night and so opted for my hot rod 25. Seriously, spent the whole night with compliments on my sound, from my band members to many in attendance. This amp just sounds so full and fat right away, even at lower levels.....amp was just singing all night. Ended up playing many solos even without remembering to use a little boost from my TS9....as the amp alone just oozed with sustain and tone, and the master was only around 4. When I did kick on the pedal, it was just sustain for days. Preamp on the OD channel was only set to around 7.5. What a sweet amp, just amazing in every way. I bought it last spring but only used it around the house so far. I was impressed with how loud it can be, too...could seriously be used for any gig in any situation easily. Between this and my SLO, I just can't imagine ever wanting anything else. It is surreal that Soldano is officially "no more" now that Mike is officially retired and the shop is shut down. I've been a Soldano player since 2005 and don't plan on that changing ever, even with the brand out of business. Used my Jem 77VBK with an EVO in the bridge and breed in the neck for the whole gig.
    Awesome man! I have a Jet City 20 watt head (same circuit as SLO) and it sounds awesome at low levels. When she's cranked, it is even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Verminator25 View Post
      Awesome man! I have a Jet City 20 watt head (same circuit as SLO) and it sounds awesome at low levels. When she's cranked, it is even better.
      I have been using a Jet City JCA22H and a 2 x 12 Marshall cab live. The only thing out in front is a Wampler Clarksdale overdrive for a little more tightness when I need it. I have a delay and a volume pedal in the loop for solo's. No matter where I have played I have never had the master up more than 1/2 way. Its only a 20w head. You really can't beat Soldano tone (or even Jet City Soldano tone) live.

Comment

any video/audio? would love to hear it!
        Please visit my all metal youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/helmoftheantilemon/videos

Comment

Working...
        X