Boost Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Pedal

A short time ago I got some good advice on boost pedals from JG. Well it occurred to me I owned a BBE Boosta Grande. it was loaned (out of sight/out of mind) and I forgot all about it. So, if you ever wanna borrow something from me, I will probably forget I even did Anyways.. I got it back and hooked it up yesterday. It actually dropped my volume - even at full gain. Weird. I tried it on two amps. Same results. To check the reliability of my cables and connections, I hooked my Joyo OD back up and everything was fine.

Is it fried? Anyone experience this with a boost pedal?

I'm still considering some of JG's recommendations - Xotic EP, EH LPB. Anyone else have feedback about those? BTW - I saw a video on the Vemuram Budi. Wow. Amazing sound and equally amazing price. Ouch!

Dude....let me borrow your Jem then!!! You'll forget about it, and then I'll have a Floral!!!!!

Regarding the boost pedals.....

Not sure what the deal is with the BBE. I can say the Xotic is AWESOME. It's simple but gets the job done so perfectly. I really like one in front of a Class A amp - like a Bad Cat or a Vox - where the amp is semi-broken up. The EP then hits the front end to give a KILLER drive.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

When I get DVD's returned to me by bandmates, I have that confused look.
      Xotic has been tops on my list. I also like the footprint better than my huge Boosta Nothing.

Comment

+1 for the Xotic. Very solid, low noise, small footprint and extra EQ options if you want. Not many other great boosts for that kind of money. Most will color your tone, unless that's what you want.

As far as the BBE goes, all I can think of is power supply not having enough mA. But that BBE probably doesn't have that high of a current draw. Might be worth checking out what it needs vs what that power supply is supplying.

Comment

The Xotic is AMAZING. I love every single pedal I get from that company. I agree with EntrailsOFU. You might want to check the power supply. That might be the culprit. At a minimum, it's a good place to start looking.
          "Ozzy leaned forward and poked me in the eye. Then he said life's tough get used to it. That was the best guitar lesson that I got from the boss." -Zakk Wylde

Comment

For cheap.... EH LPB1. Been using them in the loop of amps for clean solo boost for over 30 years.
            I agree.... the Xotic booster is excellent and it take up no room on the pedal board.

Comment

Working...
            X