VK 112 50w vs. The Classic 30 plus tech question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VK 112 50w vs. The Classic 30 plus tech question

So I may have the opportunity to swap my 50w vk 112 for a classic 30 combo.

Right out of the gate can anyone tell me if the classic 30 would be any more suited for higher gain metal?
    I have the pedals to push, but like I previously mentioned the VK is uncontrollable at high gain in my experience so far.

Secondly the guy said there is a popping noise when switching channels, should I be concerned?
    What might cause this?

If it's an older US-built Classic 30, I'd go for it, but YMMV.
    I've got a US-built Classic 30 [and the more rare Classic 20] and it's a great
    amp. I'm not sure it would be the best for high gain metal as is, but with a
    good OD up front it should do fine. I'm more of a classic rock kind of player,
    but I like a lot of gain on lead, and I always boost the Classic 30 for lead--and
    usually for rhythm too...

I'd say you should be concerned about the popping noise. Def. try before you buy...

Comment

I feel like it is the older model maybe? The newer ones say peavey on the tolex portion that is shaped downward onto the front, the one I'm looking at the front iis a perfect square with a peavey logo directly on it.
      The classic 30 badge above it on the tolex section.

Think I may pass though. Depending on what the "pop" is I cant afford to swap then have to throw money at it and hes 10 hours away so a jam session isn't ideal for either of us.

Got a line on a 15watt Dark Terror swap possibly instead which is going to suit what I want much much more.
      Last edited by Heavymetal2000; 10-13-2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X