Mesa Mk-II C+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Mk-II C+

Was this amp produced as a regular MK-II model and then later on modified to become the C+ version?

Re: Mesa Mk-II C+

the mk2 went through several revisions, the B, C and C+. I've heard that you could send an amp to mesa to have it modified. mk2 B to mk2 C for example.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I don't think you could have a Mark II B modded to a Mark II C......I think you mean that you could(and still can) have a Mark II C modded to a Mark II C+.

Comment

All you wanted to know about boogie mark series amps...

http://home.earthlink.net/~ayan/history.htm

Pete

Comment

ah yes, been looking for that link!

i'm not sure willie, thats just what i read across the boogie talk list. what i took away was in essence if you had the duckets they would do it.
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I have had a Mark II C + head for about 15 years. I have yet to find a better sound for me. I often refer to it as my soul mate!

I bought it from a jazz player when I was in a death metal band. He brought it to our rehersal studio and when I started tweaking the knobs he said "You shouldn't do that!" I said don't worry. After he heard the sound I got out of it I think he was sick. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Now I don't play with that tone any more, but no matter what style I play I am able to get the tone I want.

The guy had two...now I wish I had the cash for both!

I see combo's on e-bay often.

I have heard that some people have marked their amps with the "+" and the "MB" in order to sell them as a C+. So beware of fakes!

Comment

Working...
            X