5150 vs Engl Ritchie Blackmore sig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 vs Engl Ritchie Blackmore sig

Can someone tell me which amp would suite my needs better? I am looking for brutal sound, don`t care about the versatility.
    I can get hold of both amps, but can`t try them myself.
    Also, can someone post a link or a picture for 5150 sig and block amp. I know that block has more gain, but don`t know how do they look like.

Re: 5150 vs Engl Ritchie Blackmore sig

The "Block" 5150 really doesn't have more gain, it just had better tubes in it - NOS stuff, if I remember correctly. Replace the tubes in a new one and there's really not any tonal difference.

If you want brutal, that's not what the Engl Blackmore amp is designed for. The 5150 would likely be your better choice - it's the official amp of Swedish Melodic Death Metal. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

My friend from Germany has a Ritchie Blackmore ENGL and says that the amp is cutting heads off!! And he plays brutal Death Metal. So that`s why I`m asking about this amp.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought they were too heavy.

Wow, I gotta check one out. I saw Joe Stump using one, and he was sounding like pretty the Malmsteen tone. Not too close to Death Metal at all. But, maybe it can? Hmmm....

Comment

Here is a clip I just did of the Engl Powerball. I just became a dealer for them and I am loving the metal tones from these amps. I have yet to try a Richie Blackmore though.

Heres the link to the Powerball clip.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000004721.mp3

Derek [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude all the sweeds are using 5150 ....perfect for brutal death. Plus you can get a 5150 head all day long for $400-$500 not like the Engle...ca ching!!!

More important than bloc logo vs. script logo (I had both) is the cab . F&ck a celestion cab!!!!! Get a 5150 shefield cab , they are tuned and voiced for that head....PERIOD !! I know what I'm talking about ....long story

[ February 07, 2003, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thank you guys for your advices!! Unfortunately, I can`t try any amp, as there`s only friggin Marshalls to get in my country(Croatia). I must get my stuff shipped from Germany, so I need some recomendations.
              So, now I get it. I should shut the fukk up, and until I got the money for Diezel, I will get me a 5150.

Comment

diezel vh4 buddy, go that way [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by myorangecat:
                  diezel vh4 buddy, go that way [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Although I am dying to try a Diezel out(preferably Herbert)Your talking about an amp that is 4x as much as the ones he wants. That is unless he is in Europe and the cost is 1/2 that.

Derek

Comment

lol.....an ENGL or a 5150 is about the same price over here in the netherlands

Comment

Now that is messed up...

At the same pricing, the 5150 does not compare to an Engle whatsoever... Engle quality is really excellent...

Comment

so is diezel [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I sold my Diezel VH4 stereo head, I got 4100$ for it USED. I needed it to pay off a credit card, the payments on it were WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY tooooooo high, and I wasnt paying on it for 15 years.

I got an AVt150H sold the diezel, and when I record you cannot really tell, because you can process a signal, compress it, you know, live is where those power tubes mean something.

If I am playing with a guy who is using tubes, he has to turn down just a hair, tubes cut thru the mix really nicely, Ill pick up another one as soon as Im done buying like 20 more soloists.

Comment

Working...
                        X