No announcement yet.

Your advice for a heavy sound please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your advice for a heavy sound please...

My current set-up is as follows:

Soloist with two EMG 85's

Soloist with Seymour Duncan's

Soloist with EMG 81 and two SA's

Charvel Model 6 with a J90 fitted (actives ripped out)

Charvel 750XL, stock, but with pickup covers removed.

Charvel Model 2 with Seymour Duncan JB.

Marshall JCM 800 MV50 Combo

Peavey 5150 Combo (Mk 1)

Ibanez Tube Screamer (original TS 9)

Boss CE3

Morley volume pedal

Digitech X series digital delay.

Sorry for the inventory, but how would any of you set this lot up? I mean right down to the EQ settings on the amps and the settings on the pedals. What order would you put the pedals in? Would you use the effects loop on the Peavey (the Marshall doesn't have one)? Would you use both amps together for a massive sound? I'm having loads of problems with noise and hum from the amps, especially the Peavey. I want the heaviest, dirtiest sound possible, there must be a noiseless way of doing this, any ideas? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Your advice for a heavy sound please...

Get a rackmount rocktron super c hush.This should eliminate any noise problems.I run the hush after my preamp and it took all the noise out.With my heads I use the boss ns2 pedal it does a great job.I run the ns2 first in my pedal chain so it takes the hiss out from the head but doesn't effect the sounds of the rest of my effects.

Comment

Rocktron also makes a stombox version of the hush if you don't have the rackmounts setup.

Personally, I like the amp's natural distortion in most cases, but if the tubescreamer fits you better, then use it. After the

On the eq for the amp: Turn you lows and highs all the way up, and your mid control all the way down.

Get a guitar with dual humbuckers, they get the best growl.

Order of pedals: distortion, delay, volume.

keep playing with it and you'll get what you're after. It's all a matter of preference.

Comment

I would say an absolute must is an EQ with atleast 7 bands. Then look at your Tubes. All the rest is trivial im my opinion.

Matt

Comment

Working...
        X