Sansamp Tri-AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sansamp Tri-AC

As an alternative to buying a cheapie Marshall, I thought I could go in for this and use it to drive the power stage of my current amp.

Anybody using one of these? If you are, then are you plugging it into the front-end of the amp or directly into the output stage?

thanks

kunal

Re: Sansamp Tri-AC

I've had one of these for quite awhile now. I love it. The Marshall sound I prefer most of the time, but I think it's based on a Plexi and it needs a little more gain (so I run an overdrive pedal in front of it to boost it). I don't care too much for the fuzzy Mesa/Boogie type sound, but it's ok more for sludgy/stoner rock type stuff, IMO. I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't really care for the Mesa sound. The Fender clean sounds are great, too.
    Lately I've been running the output direct into the effects loop return of my amp instead of having the amp color its sound. This way I can even bypass the unit and get the two extra channels I want from my amp to have five different sounds altogether. It does work really well in the front of the amp, too.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
    X