Sennheiser Digital 1000 Attn: Riffmeister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sennheiser Digital 1000 Attn: Riffmeister

Info for anybody who owns one of the Sennheiser digital units, and I would highly recommend them! (American Musical Supply - $300!!) Well they come with a 1/8 to 1/4 cable from the transmitter to your instrument. The Sennheiser provided cable is kind of cheap and trying to get parts from them has proven difficult. I bought one of the Carvin cables (part # UHGT) for $25.00 and it is a perfect replacement/upgrade. The Carvin has metal jack ends instead of the plastic ones and it is much more heavy duty. It even has the threaded collar on the 1/8 end. I may pick up a couple more for spares, we all know how long cables last! lol I believe this cable will work with any wireless system that uses a 1/8-1/4 cable as well.

Re: Sennheiser Digital 1000 Attn: Riffmeister

Jeff,

Can you actually shorten the Carvin cable since it has a metal plug on it? The one that came with it is way too long. You said that you had a hard time getting parts, how did you contact them cause I need one of those blank panels to mount it in a rack.

I also highly reccomend this thing, but it DOES kill batterries. I used a cheap 9 volt one time and it lasted a half hour! My recharable seems to be lasting a couple hours so far, but If you want to go that way, you should have two or three charged and ready to do a show with.

Oh and Jeff, did you ever figute out what the dynamic window switch was for? I have no clue.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

I looked all over the Carvin site and couldn't find the dumb things. What are they under. I even punched in the part # you listed.

Comment

Hi Rick - I was thinking the same thing, about shortening the cable. I think that it could be done easily. I agree the cable is much too long and the Carvin cable is just as long. The cable isn't even listed on Carvin's site, but it is in their catalog. I tried Sennheiser's website and their dealer locator without much luck. I'm sure its do-able, it was just exceedingly difficult and I gave up. As far as that little tone switch on the transmitter - I couldn't much of a difference? That Sennheiser manual leaves a bit to be desired, but the unit itself is phenomenal, so it more than makes up for it. I have been getting 4-6 hours out of a Duracell Procell 9V, I have a good cheap source for them, if you're interested email me.

Comment

A rechargeable will only supply like 7.2 volts at full charge... Sup par performance for sure...

Strangely enough, Walgreens has the best deal on regular alkaline 9 volts I've found...

Is that procell a lithium battery?

Comment

Yea John , you're right at full charge, the power meter on the receiver only reads about 3\4 full.

YOu have to be really carefull when you get low on the battery. The light is on the transmitter and hard to see behind you Duh [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] , the one on the receiver is barely visible and when the battery goes it just goes and the sound cuts off.

Comment

Working...
            X