New Marshall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Marshall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check out the new marshall mode 4 head. http://www.marshallamps.com/images/products/mf/mf.html it looks insanely cool what do u guys think?

Re: New Marshall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ll take a USA made VHT Pittbull Classic over a Marshall any day, but everyone likes something different and that`s cool [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I search hard to find out it's a valvestate, they don't really tell you outright. I am disenchanted with newer Marshalls. I just think he keeps trying to convince everyone how good they sound instead of making a amp that sounds great. I like my Jcm 800 had it for 15 years and never had a problem with it. He would have to make a better sounding,indestructible amp for me to be interested.

Comment

What a hilariously written batch of propaganda...
        Just the way they write some of that stuff is pretty laughable...

Some of the MP3s aren't so bad sounding really to be honest though... I sorta likes the classic metal, hotrodded 800, and the plexi sound... Not "my" sound, but would be cool to have laying around.

I still know it's crap under the hood though...

Comment

I have a mid-nineties Marshall valevestate and it sounds ok...not enought tube growl if you ask me though. The new ones are all just printed circuits, and it's a damn shame because the JCM 800 was a great metal amp.

Did the description for this one say 350W? WTF? That's distributed power, right? Because even 60W can be earthshatteringly loud..

Comment

At NAMM they had a room filled with M4 full stacks...I didn't plug into any of them because I wasn't interested in them, but I did pick up a catalog on them...
            Jim Marshall was signing autographs today...man people love the guy.

- Joel
            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
            RIP Dime

Comment

I heard a guy demo'ing the M4 at NAMM, and wasn't really too impressed, myself, for what I look for in an amp. It just seemed so "typical Marshall" to me...just what I consider kinda blah. It could always be the demo'er, their guitar, or the settings, but I didn't hear anything anywhere close to "molten metal" in there hehehe.

Comment

I thought it sounded OK, listening to the MP3s...not good by any means, but OK. Better than the recent VS-stuff, at least. The "hotrodded JCM800"-clip sounded the best, imho.

350W is just insane! What´s up with amps nowadays? The new Blue Voodoo has something similar in output-power, and just about every Randall is rated at 2-300W. Are these amps designed to drive like six 4X12s? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

For a hybrid amp I was very impressed with the new M4 amp. I DL'd the manual and it has a resonance control also, which I thought was only a poweramp thing. Im going to be going in to buy a DSL 50 within the next few months, hopefully that M4 is out. I'd like to give it a whirl.

Just my thoughts.

I'm also curious as to what the new JCM's are going to sound like and when they're going to be coming out. I figure its about time for a new series of JCM's to pop up. Hopefully they'll go back to the simple is better concept with less knobs. 2 channels only, sep eq's, sep vol & gain. Nice clean channel and a big fat crunch channel. That's it. I'd take one of those.

In a way a DSL but with even less options than that. No verb, no tone shift, deep bass, no channel having a seperate channel inside. Again just my thoughts, and I'll shut up now.

[ January 22, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Marshall tone ]

Comment

How much are they going to be going for????

Comment

The high wattage is about the solid state amps inability to project in the way a tube amp does. And they're making up for it in wattage...

And you really don't want to distort a solid state output section or it sounds like ass... So they overshoot to give you the headroom. Logical really.

Comment

I think I read somewhere the MSRP was $1699??

Comment

$1699 for a four channel valvestate?? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X