Power amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power amps

I just found a very clean Mesa 20/20 in a local store for $350! Damn, wish I has some dough. I'd like it just for an easy carry rig to put with my Voodu Valve for gigging around musician nights etc.....

Comment

Yep, Soloist1 (chris) has a MESA 20/20 and likes it quite a bit I believe...

Maybe he'll comment here...

Comment

You might even like the CAE through the 20/20 John. You'll get more saturation with it than that beast of a power amp you have.

][:o)#

Of course playing out you would need the beast. But you could still run the slave outs from the 20/20 to use it as a tone generator if you prefered the higher saturation from the 20/20.
        We must!
        We must!
        We must increase the bust!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!
        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

The 20/20 has 2 slave outs. I think you can plug and play the 2150 right into those. I would download the 20/20 manual first to check though. I'm not 100% positive. I know you can plug direct to a board with it. It will definitely give you more growl though. And the lead tone has that nice power tube compression similar to that of the Queensryche guitar players.
          We must!
          We must!
          We must increase the bust!
          The bigger the better!
          The tighter the sweater!
          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

I use the mesa 2:90 and have never had any problems.The tone is great.I am running the jj brand tubes in it(6l6 and 12ax7)

Comment

Of course playing out you would need the beast. But you could still run the slave outs from the 20/20 to use it as a tone generator if you prefered the higher saturation from the 20/20
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">DUDE!!! Now that is an idea... I can actually run the speaker outs into the 2150. The manual shows a simple resistor network that you can make to use the low sensitivity setting on the 2150 to accept a speaker out from an amp...

THAT might be a solution to getting a "bit" more brutality out of my rig...

Hmmmmmm........

Comment

Working...
              X