DSL 100 Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DSL 100 Head

I hadn't heard this when I tried these out at the store and it caught me off guard. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] For the record, IMO the DSL smoked the TSL lead. Ironicly, I thought the TSL's best channel is the clean of all things. The crunch is thin and buzzy and the lead is thinner and buzzier. (Anyone that thinks this sounds anything like a classic Marshall obviously hasn't played one.) The DSL sounded more like I hoped/expected. I can certainly see how one of these with a better set of transformers would be a very nice amp.

Ross

Comment

I love my unmodded, never let me down, great sounding TSL. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] You bastards. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

When I bought my VHT, I checked out EVERY new marshall I could at a few local music stores - and the TSLs sounded like hairy ass.

But, the one my friend has sounds good. It really does... I think the parts in these amps are of such wide varying values (probably 10% resistors and 20% caps or something) that they do not all sound alike, even the same models.

I could gig with my pal's TSL, *if* I wasn't worried about it breaking down. Tone wise, it ain't bad at all.

Pete

Comment

the TSLs sounded like hairy ass.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So Bill would like it?

Comment

Hey Vic,

Mine sounds better cause it's Red, not cause it's modded. Oh yea and I use purple pup's [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] HAHA
            Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Working...
            X