• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT-1000

Anyone looking forward to this?

https://www.boss.info/global/products/gt-1000/
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Looking forward to this...

https://www.fractalaudio.com/iii/
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      Looking forward to this...

https://www.fractalaudio.com/iii/
      Way out of my budget and I can't try it out before I buy anyway.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Here's my beef with the Boss unit. Their ad talks about their 'AIRD' technology several times, but nowhere does it mention the ability to load your own speaker/cabinet IR's. In modeling, the speaker/cab impulse response is a giant overall part of the sound and most modeling equipment out there these days allows loading of IR's made by 3rd parties. So basically, if you love the sound of Boss guitar processors, you will love this. It will be their best ever. It will also sound like a Boss guitar processor. If you want something modern and more 'open' with 3rd party IR support, then perhaps a L6 Helix would be a better step.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Curious but way out of my budget!

Anyway, still happy with my Boss Katana.
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Here's my beef with the Boss unit. Their ad talks about their 'AIRD' technology several times, but nowhere does it mention the ability to load your own speaker/cabinet IR's. In modeling, the speaker/cab impulse response is a giant overall part of the sound and most modeling equipment out there these days allows loading of IR's made by 3rd parties. So basically, if you love the sound of Boss guitar processors, you will love this. It will be their best ever. It will also sound like a Boss guitar processor. If you want something modern and more 'open' with 3rd party IR support, then perhaps a L6 Helix would be a better step.
            Totally agree. I was telling a friend the same thing yesterday. I have the GT-100 and use it direct into the PA in our pop cover band. Speaker IR's aren't great and the higher the gain the harder it is to get good sounds. The GT-1000 manual looks almost like the GT-100 manual. First thing I looked for was anything about IR's, more choices or ability to load your own. Nothing about them in the manual. I see no point in replacing my GT-100 with a GT-1000. I'm could spend half as much on a Torpedo CAB and get better IR's to use with my GT-100.

Comment

I've already discovered it doesn't support IR's. This in itself is a disappointment, but I'm more interested in whether I can get a good sound without them like I did with the GT-100 I used to own. I don't use IR's much in my Line 6 Helix.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
              X