Nad evh 5150 lbx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nad evh 5150 lbx

Finally had a chance to play it, havent had time to take film yet. Boy this amp is LOUD! But boy does this amp sound big too, even though its a lunch box amp like most of people have said it actually sounds like a proper big amp.

U had previously bought a Randall RD20 but it was faulty so I echanged it for this bad boy, I also own a Orange Dark Terror.

The red channel gain set to 12 o clock is probabky the dark terror maxed out. The amount of gain is huge! Plus the resonance wow really gives it a bass thump which lunchbox amps normally dont have.

The biggest negative is that there is a big volume difference between the crunch and lead channels. The blue/crunch is actually louder than the lead channel.

So you do play it mostly as a single amp byt im use to that owning a Dark Terror.

The Blue channel has really cool pushed type of marshall sound to it.

All in all im so happy i chose this amp, it just sounds absolutley amazing and gigantic! Not only am I surprised by the amount of gain but man the huge amounts of bass this little guy has is jaw dropping!

One last thing for fellow Aussies, if you are interested in an LBX dont buy it in Australia where its $1,300-1,600 get it from Thomann.de for about $740-760 delivered after 7-10 days, comes double boxed so got to my house with no marks on it. You also get 3 years warranty with Thomann so they will either take it back or pay for a local tech to fix it.

P.s. and also worth mentioning is that it does NOT need a boost at all.
    Last edited by AussieTerry84; 03-04-2018, 01:47 AM.
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

Yah, great amp for sure. Knew you'd like it. I was all over mine yestreday.
    Gets more use than all my other amps combined...

Comment

Working...
    X