Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 new amp reviews.. I will keep them short...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 new amp reviews.. I will keep them short...

Orange Tiny Terror head. This was available from 2006 to 2016. That's when they retired it. Considered the benchmark in lunchbox amps. It started the revolution. All tube, 15w/7w switch. Speaker output, Volume, tone, gain. That's it.
    Read the reviews. There isn't a bad one anywhere. Its simply fantastic. Mind blowing actually. VERY similar sounding to the Micro Terror btw...
    You could gig anywhere with this amp head and a decent cab BUT.. you will be limited to controlling everything from your guitar. There is no effects loop so if you want to use the amps incredible sounding gain...and you need solo boost.... you need to look elsewhere.
    Still... the ultimate 1 trick pony. Fantastic studio amp. Probably a future collectors item too.
    The gain is thick and juicy and just perfect. It is very reactive to pick attack and its built like a tank. Every guitar player needs to own one of these.

Peavey Vypyr 30 1 x 12 combo with Sanpera II footswitch. This 1 x 12 modeling amp isn't like normal modeling amps. The distortion is analog.
    Here is the weird thing about this amp. There are tons of reviews online. They are all 4.5-5 stars. Everybody loves this 1st generation Vypyr 30 amp! Now... go to Youtube and watch the video's. The amp sounds like crap and most of the people reviewing it aren't fans.
    To me.. this is simple. Most people don't know how to dial in an amp that has more than basic controls on it.
    The cool thing about this amp is it has known Peavey models on it. The XXX, the JSX and the 6505. It also has a rectifier, a Diesel, a Krank and the other normal amps. There aren't any Marshalls here. This amp excels in mid gain crunch and high gain metal. The Peavey models are pretty much spot on. Especially the XXX and the JSX. I have both of the tube versions. This little Vypyr is extremely close to the real thing. Its actually better in some respects. Its very loud, it can get whisper quiet. Its a fantastic home rehearsal band rehearsal small gig amp. The Sanpera II foot controller is built like a tank. Nice display. Very easy to figure out. 2 pedals. Volume and Pitch shift/Wah. It works great and its absolutely gig tough. I think this is going to be one of those cult classic Peavey amps like the red stripe Bandit. Its that good.

I was surprised to read that the Tiny Terror was discontinued... that was a bread and butter amp for them, but checking the site, I see they have the Dual Terror which seems to have replaced it.

I hope they make a Dual Dark Terror sometime, but it's weird they called the lunchbox the Dual Terror when the Dual Dark is actually a full size 50/100w head. /shrug
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
    X