Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orange Micro Terror... really?... how loud is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Micro Terror... really?... how loud is it?

If you watch the Youtube video's and all the countless reviews of how GREAT this tiny amp head is you already know that its a 5 star product. Everybody loves it. Everybody loves the Micro Dark too because of the extra gain and the effects loop. They are both exactly the same in terms of volume. I know. I have both. If you are doing heavy high gain metal... use the Micro Dark or add a pedal to your Micro Terror.
    I will address 1 popular question. How loud is this amp and can I gig with it if I am in a loud rock band.
    CAVEAT!!!!!!! YOU CANNOT use these amps with a 4 ohm speaker load. If you do.. they will cut out at louder than 50% volume and gain.
    HERE IT GOES!!!
    All of my cabinets are high quality. They all have Celestion T75's in them. They are the speakers I like.

REHEARSAL
    1 x 12 Framus semi-open back cab. 16 ohm. Absolutely loud enough to keep up with a loud rock band consisting of 2 guitars, drums, bass and lead singer. The other guitar player is using a 50 watt 1 x 12 all tube Carvin Nomad combo with a RAT pedal in front. I was using nothing other than the Micro Terror and the 1 x 12 cab. Plenty loud enough. VERY EASY TO HEAR in a small room with a loud band.

SMALL CLUB GIG
    2 x 12 closed back Avatar cab. 8 ohms. Loud enough to gig with unmic'd in a small club with the same rock band.

SMALL CLUB GIG
    4 x 12 Marshall 1960a cab. Loud enough to gig with unmic'd in a club with the same rock band. The other guitar player was using a Peavey JSX half stack.

If you are playing a large club you should be mic'd! If you can't mic your amp... you can't use the Micro Terror. Its not THAT loud!!

Keep in mind... once you get to 50% volume with the Micro Terror it doesn't really get too much louder. It just gets thicker and allows you more control of your overall tone using your guitars volume control.

Obviously.. if you are mic'ing your cab and there is a monitor system it really doesn't matter what speaker cab or amount of speakers you use. As long as you have at least 1!!!!

Thanks for this review. I was curious about these.
    Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
    My collection also there!

Comment

Working...
    X