Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revived Stomp Box Review....

Hughes & Kettner Warp Factor.
    Cool large black heavy metal disc shape. Terrible for a pedal board. It takes up a lot of space and it takes its own funky power supply. Button doesn't click so its silent switching. The pedal is very good quality and absolutely tour quality.
    Has 3 knobs... gain, warp and level. It has 1 button. Its a bass boost.
    Gain is... well gain. At around 2 o'clock it has enough gain to push a perfectly clean signal into the METAL side of town.
    Warp is a frequency shift. It doesn't go from mids to scooped. Rather.. it goes from high gain Marshall to high gain Mesa. Just set it at 12 o'clock.
    The level is just how loud it is. As long as its up around the 10 o'clock range you are good.
    The input and the output are reversed and come out from the rear of the pedal. Weird. Very weird.

How does it sound?
    HOLY CRAP you will be happy.
    Put this in front of just about ANY clean amp signal and turn your amp into a fire breathing metal amp. Sounds ALOT like a gained out 5150.
    I did a gig with a Sovtek Midget 50H head and a Marshall 4 x 12 cab. I plugged into the low channel on the Sovtek which is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN.
    I put the Warp Factor out in front and an Electro Harmonix LPB1 clean boost for solo's.
    Nothing but compliments from everybody there. My band mates said it sounded so good for 80's high gain metal that they want me to use it live all the time and leave my modded Marshalls and Mesa Boogies at home.
    Think of it this way... take a Metal Zone or a Metal Muff with top boost and take away all the crappy fizz and other frequencies that you don't like and you will have a Warp Factor. I don't have a distortion pedal that sounds better than this one for high gain metal and believe you me.. I have ALOT of pedals!
    There you have it. The H&K Warp Factor. Go on Ebay and buy one. You can thank me later.
Working...
X