Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small live fly rig... what do you think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small live fly rig... what do you think...

Anyway... I am putting together something for rehearsals. Let me know what you think.

Orange Micro Terror
    Framus 1 x 12 slant isolated recording cab with Celestion T75. Very portable and light with incredible sound.
    Behringer Ultra G direct box.

My thoughts are to use the 1 x 12 speaker for my own monitoring at the rehearsal spaces and use the line out with 4 x 12 cabinet emulation from the Ultra G direct box directly to the board and put my guitar in the PA just to fill up the room a little more.

I could even use this rig live I suppose.

I just can't get over how incredible and how loud that little Micro Terror is. I had a Dark Terror before this one. The cool thing about that amp was it had an effects loop but I thought it was a little too dark and compressed sounding. It had more gain but I like how the Micro Terror sounds better.

And that's exactly why I love my Dark Terror over the Micro Terror. I just couldn't get the tone I wanted out of the Micro, even though it was louder. I have my MXR 10 band in my fx loop and that really pushed it over the top for me, getting a bit more highs into the mix made it sound less compressed... and it helped me to get that single channel lead/rhythm combined tone I need for tech death.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Cool. Yeah, the Micro Terror is sick!!! I had one for awhile and LOVED the looks people would give when I'd plop it on a 4x12 and crank. It was something that I'd bring to jams or backline provided shows. It is so little it could fit in a sock, but was WAY louder than one would expect!!!

These day I just the Helix for everything. It has been about 2 years now, and it has been the perfect rig solution for all applications.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
        Cool. Yeah, the Micro Terror is sick!!! I had one for awhile and LOVED the looks people would give when I'd plop it on a 4x12 and crank. It was something that I'd bring to jams or backline provided shows. It is so little it could fit in a sock, but was WAY louder than one would expect!!!

These day I just the Helix for everything. It has been about 2 years now, and it has been the perfect rig solution for all applications.
        I forgot to mention.. the other big reason I have the Micro Terror is for backup live. I stick it on top of my 1/2 stack live rig and if something ever were to happen I could just plug in and finish the gig.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
          And that's exactly why I love my Dark Terror over the Micro Terror. I just couldn't get the tone I wanted out of the Micro, even though it was louder. I have my MXR 10 band in my fx loop and that really pushed it over the top for me, getting a bit more highs into the mix made it sound less compressed... and it helped me to get that single channel lead/rhythm combined tone I need for tech death.
          Yea,, I really liked the Dark Terror. I had a delay and a clean boost in the loop for solo's and it was perfect for rehearsals and small shows. People would FREAK OUT when they saw it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the darkness and the slight compression. Still... that amp rocked. The Micro Terror rocks too. If they made it with an effects loop it would have been a grand slam.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            Yea,, I really liked the Dark Terror. I had a delay and a clean boost in the loop for solo's and it was perfect for rehearsals and small shows. People would FREAK OUT when they saw it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the darkness and the slight compression. Still... that amp rocked. The Micro Terror rocks too. If they made it with an effects loop it would have been a grand slam.
            Yeah, the Micro really needs the FX loop, IMO... their shape control just wasn't enough for me. I wonder if they kept them off to keep the Tiny Terror relevant.

If I were still gigging, I'd probably buy the Dual Dark because yeah, I really like that Dark channel. With an EMG 85b no less. lol
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              Yeah, the Micro really needs the FX loop, IMO... their shape control just wasn't enough for me. I wonder if they kept them off to keep the Tiny Terror relevant.

If I were still gigging, I'd probably buy the Dual Dark because yeah, I really like that Dark channel. With an EMG 85b no less. lol
              I like that Jim Root one too. Considering how many thousands of these they must have sold I am surprised how shocked other musicians are when they see and hear it. I guess when they are at the music store and they see how small it is they take it for granted that it must be a novelty amp or something that can only be used at home.

Comment

How about replacing the Fly-rig by a Mooer pedal like this one?

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                  How about replacing the Fly-rig by a Mooer pedal like this one?

I was also checking out the Electro Harmonix 44 Magnum. Amazing. Just add your favorite distortion pedal (of something like the Tech 21 Fly Rig) to it and a speaker cab and there is your rig! Everything including your amp on a small pedal board. Just add a guitar cable, a speaker cable and a speaker cab.

Comment

The 44 magnum solution is cool, but I prefer the Mooer preamp pedals as you can go into the FX return of any amp or direct to PA depending on your backline at the venue.

Scotti Hill of Skid Row had posted about this on his instagram:
                    https://www.instagram.com/p/BUkh3xmAkos/
                    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                    X