Bogner Ubershall Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bogner Ubershall Review

Ethan , I had two 100wt. Ampeg Lee Jackson heads . One with EL34s and one with 6550s and the one with 6550s definately sounded much better..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

yeah, the clean channel will sound 100% better with the 6550's

I am very tempted to call Bogner and try pleading with them myself, the sales rep I bought my amp from told me Reinhold Bogner REFUSES to use the 6550's because of the bad batches he has been recieving. Maybe out of a box of 100, only 1/2 were solid matches (something crazy like that)
      So in turn Bogner "tweaked" the front end of the amp to make it sound like it did with the 6550 tubes. I will call after the new year for sure.. this amp deserves the 6550 tubes but I have a bad feeling they will just state they don't modify or make them any more.. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Maybe if enough of us call we can persude them into doing a couple of amps!

[ December 18, 2002, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: thingman ]

Comment

Just so everyone knows I'm not just assuming the 6550's sound better, the first Uber I ever tried was fitted with them. I test drove it at Rudy's in NYC. They were asking 2700+ tax LOL!

Comment

Working...
        X