Marshall DSL40C vs Blackstar HT40 Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL40C vs Blackstar HT40 Club

I'm trying to piece together a good gigging rig. I've got it down to these two amps. I'm slightly favoring the Marshall because I just think there's that extra bit of quality (and I just like the look of Marshalls), but I know the Blackstar is likely the more versatile amp. Do you guys think these two amps are good all around for bands/gigs? Which would you recommend more? Thanks.

Are you buying new? I believe the new Marshall DSL40 is made in China? I think you can get used British made ones at fair prices. Either way, I hope you get a great tone from either amp you choose! I have no experience with Blackstar. I need to try one.

Comment

When they first came out, the Marshall DSL40C's had issues with the tube heating up the circuit boards and messing up the solder because the tubes hang down under the circuit board. I suppose they fixed it by now.

I use a DSL100 with the tube above the circuit board so no heat issues.

Comment

The ones I'm looking at are used on CL. Description for the Marshall says it's basically brand new, guy needs to sell it for personal reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX View Post
          I'm trying to piece together a good gigging rig. I've got it down to these two amps. I'm slightly favoring the Marshall because I just think there's that extra bit of quality (and I just like the look of Marshalls), but I know the Blackstar is likely the more versatile amp. Do you guys think these two amps are good all around for bands/gigs? Which would you recommend more? Thanks.
          I like the Blackstar. Actually.. the entire Blackstar line sounds great. Even the solid state amps. If you play heavy rock or metal the HT40 will serve you well live. I heard a band recently that had 2 guitar players. They both played HT60's with extension cabs. They had incredible sound for 80's-90's rock and metal.
          The DSL40C sounds good.. it just doesn't sound great. This is coming from a full out MARSHALL guy.

Comment

Working...
          X