A peek inside Big Neddi's new Soldano X88R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A peek inside Big Neddi\'s new Soldano X88R

Eeehh, no. The SLO is about way more than the preamp section. You may get real close, but unless you are driving the DeYoung transformers and 6L6s to a nice frothy bubble, it isn't going to sound like an SLO.
    Nothing sounds "like" an SLO.

Damn, am I opionated about these things or what?

Comment

How bout my pod pro? Does that nail the SLO-100 sound? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, as long as the sp-77 sounds good. It might not be a total SLO-100, but it only costs a few hundred, as opposed to many many thousands for the slo. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I have a mesa 50/50 power amp right now, a pod pro, and a 4x12 vint 30 cab. Would the sp-77 be a good upgrade? Or should i save money and stick with what i got? Bah, i hate gear!

Comment

You will be amazed at the improvment in tone!

Comment

Hey Babbaluigi, I'll sell you my SP77 for $400 shipped to your door- I'm getting a CAE RS10MKII foot controller and I need to unload the SP77 asap- Let me know- Neddi
          www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Comment

Neddi, you got any mp3's of that sp-77?

And its bababueee. Get it right. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The SP-77 will be a huge improvement in your sound over the POD. I used an SP-77 into a Mesa 50/50 into a Mesa 2x12 w/ Celestion 90s for 3 years as my main rig. Played it 3-4 times a week between rehearsals and gigs for much of that time. I had great tone that whole time and rock steady reliability.

That rig will not sound 100% like a SLO, but it will get you in the neighborhood. You should buy Neddi's SP-77 if you're after that kind of sound. If he has some MP3's of it, definitely check them out.

Ross

Comment

No mp3's but I could give you a great walk through on how to get a great tone with it- It's on Ebay right now because I NEED to sell it for the CAE RS10MKII I just bought off ebay- Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...931019256&rd=1

Ross, this is the one I got from you- I got yours first, right?

Comment

How's the sound, gain and texture, of the SP77 and the X88R compare to the Mesa Dual Recto tripple channel sound? I've considered moving to the X88R too.

Comment

I've never played a Mesa head so I can't help you there- I'll be recording some clips after the holidays so everyone can hear and critique! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Neddi

Comment

Working...
                    X